• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cool Avatars!

WingNut

Member
Banned
Can anyone here on AK tell me where all of you guys are getting these cool looking avatars? Is there a website where I can download these?
Thanks! :grnbounce
 
Register to hide this ad
I dunno, WingNut. That record's pretty cool.
We usually snag 'em wherever we see 'em. Almost sorta like trade secrets, because it's hard to be unique with so many members. I got mine from an audio site. Some may have seen it before in their search for second hand gear or parts.

Tom
 
Mine is from The Communications and Electronics Branch of the Canadian Armed Forces, which I was a member of for over 21 yrs when I was in the Cdn Army.

WingNut, in case it was missed, welcome to AK. :thmbsp:

As TrawlerMan stated, people use whatever they like. If it is more personal to you, all the better, but not required.

Regards,
Joe
 
Mine is from a series of photographs I made for the French Rock Official, yeeeears before the internet blasted such printed matters...
Most of those 12 images were re-used worldwide for posters, record sleeves, calendars and ads... I even spotted two of them on the Acoustic Research website, circa 1999 :)
 
As the family historian (genealogist) there are nearly 10,000 people in the family tree (at least the ones we have discovered so far). One of them is a young cousin in England that I have yet to meet. She began signing her emails as Piglet (from the Winnie the Pooh stories). When I asked why, she replied that her Dad used to call her that. I was so flattered that I began signing as Eeyore, so that is where he comes from.

Rob
 
Wingnut:

You have a pretty cool avatar already. :yes:

To find more do a Google search of "animated gif" and it will turn up sites with many to choose from. :thmbsp:

Vinylhanger's are the best!

Terry
 
Last edited:
Donny said:
how do you guys resize the jpg's to use as avatars?
Donny, I use Paint Shop Pro. I imagine Photoshop or another similar program will do just as well. If you got one you want me to do for ya, gimme an email.

Tom
 
Donny said:
how do you guys resize the jpg's to use as avatars?

I use LViewPro - there is a shareware version out on the net.

It's small & powerful, but also a little bit complicated for newbies.

Scott
 
Mine is a picture of me and my son with the stanley cup :) Yes its the real cup and yes there it is on my front porch. God I miss the NHL
 
Back
Top Bottom