• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cool Avatars!

BeerCan said:
Mine is a picture of me and my son with the stanley cup :) Yes its the real cup and yes there it is on my front porch. God I miss the NHL

SO BeerCan...
Are you a NHL Player ? I thought you needed to be to take "The Cup" home.
I totally missed hockey this year :cry:

And to keep on the topic... I really like the spinning record too WingNut. It would be even cooler if you could change out the label from time to time... :thmbsp:
 
It does fit me, ever since we put AK online, I've been Picard :)

I changed him to a more pleasant facial expression, he looked way too pissed off before ;)
 
Kamakiri said:
It does fit me, ever since we put AK online, I've been Picard :)

I changed him to a more pleasant facial expression, he looked way too pissed off before ;)

I like the new pic too Kam !!!
Just keep that old one too, ya never know when ya might need it.... :lmao:
 
i wish i could think of a better avatar to have (prolly do buried somewhere in this sea of images i call My Documents)

But, i really like the album( Abacab by Genesis ), so i used it!

I used to use a nifty pic of Mr. Roboto, maybe i'll go back to that..
 
Last edited:
Kamakiri said:
It does fit me, ever since we put AK online, I've been Picard :)

I changed him to a more pleasant facial expression, he looked way too pissed off before ;)

Let me guess... the first time AK went online you said, "Engage!" :D

Scott
 
I dont know, it just seemed to fit much of my role here.......I'd be hard pressed to name a better diplomat in the movie and television media.

And, I have every episode on DVD ;)
 
Parky50 said:
SO BeerCan...
Are you a NHL Player ? I thought you needed to be to take "The Cup" home.
I totally missed hockey this year :cry:

Players and select staff get to take the cup home. My dad is on the staff of the Lightning so there is the connection :D As for being an NHL player, I have been waiting for my callup. I don't know why its taking so long. I called coach and asked and he muttered somthing about "skills"

In the meantime I will continue to play for the stanley keg :yes: and await my glorious future
keg.jpg
 
I cant take credit for making it. Its the trophy we play for at my local rink and it stays in the bar. We do put the names of the players on the keg just like they do on the cup. The one in the pic is the 3rd one since I have been playing there. Winning the keg also means you win 5 pitchers of beer and 50 wings :banana:
 
heh heh mine is homemade...no photoshop tho...it's actually a complete 3d woofer made and rendered in 3dsmax..tho the avatar picture is so small you can hardly see the detail and effort that went into it....:)
 
Ya know ...I cant remember where I got my avatar.... I think it was online somewhere in one of these 'Animated GIF' sites and I just had to have it....

My first one was a picture of my reel 2 reel...a Teac X-1000Rbl....thus the name Reel 2 Reel....but the little laughing guy fits my ......'.disposition'....better......

There were others, but they never lasted long...so I stick with this one....

If your looking for something in particular ...I might have it in my files somewhere....as Rodney Dangerfeild always said...."I Got A Million Of Them"..... :D
 
Hello--

My avatar is my custom Marantz amp that I built.

It was originally inspired by my audio mentor Fred Gollnick, who is not with us anymore. I wanted to build something really cool to remember him by. Fred introduced me to things like Altec Dual throat horns, Stromberg-Carlson Tube amps, and a lot of stuff that he just built himself. While in his listening room, if you didn't hold on to your drink it would vibrate right off the table. He was a great friend, and I miss him dearly---

I had this idea rolling around in my head for quite some time, but it finally solidified while looking at the Marantz esoteric line on their website.

It is mostly Marantz 2325 parts with upgraded filter and signal path caps

It is used daily in my system, fed with a Mcintosh C-24, and powering a pair of Altec 846B Valencia's and a pair of Kenwood KL-777D's

Chris
 
VinylHanger said:
To get back on topic, I just enjoy spreading a little happiness with my Av's :D

I'm happy-thanks!
I'm getting dangerously close to "dirty old man" status.
 
Back
Top Bottom