• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do you pronounce "AUX"

If that was true then faux would be pronounced the same as fox and note bending wouldn't have any artisitic value.

For example my ears would much rather hear the twang of owks than the preciseness of aux. And for sure I would rather bend over a fox than a Cherry 2000, which is a faux. :banana:

Cept that Faux is French, while auxiliary is English.
 
Orcs, as in 'Oxford Rowing Club'
orc-army.jpg
 
Cept that Faux is French, while auxiliary is English.

Actually I think it originates from the french word auxilia which means helps (at least I think it does, been a few years since my last french class :yes:).

Having an auxiliary input certainly does help.
 
Well it's up to 4 pages now and I am utterly amazed that there's even 1. :headscrat
 
The "x" in auxiliary is soft, a gz sound as in exemplary. Therefore, the short version of auxiliary would be pronounced "awgz".
 
I'm with you on this. I suppose people from Maine call it "Ayux" and New Hampshire people call it "Ayawks" (Of course, people from South Boston would then call it "Yawks" :D).

I wonder if people from NYC and Jersey call it "Owks" (You know, like "Awwdi" for Audi instead of "Owwdi").

Funny that I hadn't ever heard of either pronunciation that the OP put forth. I say "awks" and occassionally the spelled out "a-u-x".


and "owwdi" ;)
 
In Quebec ( french ) I say - l'ogziliaire

better in english - Ox - ( english is simpler and direct to the point )
 
Back
Top Bottom