• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Yes, thanks, and that one was particularly troublesome. I was half way through the printing and ran out of the main filament it used. I ordered more and a few days later received an email from the company saying that they no longer made that particular filament. I had to start over with a different filament that I don't like nearly as much as the original.
So you created that on a 3D printer? Interesting. Very much so. My SO is a professor emerita. One of her degrees before she got her doctorate was an MFA in sculpture. She approves. Seems fairly high praise. :thumbsup:
 
Yes, thanks, and that one was particularly troublesome. I was half way through the printing and ran out of the main filament it used. I ordered more and a few days later received an email from the company saying that they no longer made that particular filament. I had to start over with a different filament that I don't like nearly as much as the original.
My spouse and I like to decorate with light - stained glass, neon lights, and to a lesser extent LED (I dislike LED in comparison to neon). We like what you’ve created there. If you be interested in creating another for sale, please feel free to send me a PM.
 
I just saw this thread and loved going through it. Got this Dana Milano G440 in the late 80s. For some reason the word vintage can't seem to be true. but it is I guess... and modern too. Use it on my desk for many years. Thought I'd take a quick pic of it while I was going through this thread.
Dana Milano G440 Lamp.jpeg
 
I just saw this thread and loved going through it. Got this Dana Milano G440 in the late 80s. For some reason the word vintage can't seem to be true. but it is I guess... and modern too. Use it on my desk for many years. Thought I'd take a quick pic of it while I was going through this thread.
View attachment 3633728

@Danddd : I think that I have some kind of copy of your DANA Milano G440 lamp - Below, lighting my turntable - it's a KERIA France model 26366, I bought this lamp in the early 2000s, IIRC :

8grQPb-P1180113.jpg


T
 
It's been a while since I posted in this thread. I used to find great lamps all the time at the thrift stores, including Tony Paul, Adrian Pearsall, Blenko, etc., but the the thrift store scores really dried up about 4 or 5 years ago.

Lat week, I finally found a cool MCM lamp at a local St. Vinnies for $14.99. I don't know the maker and it didn't come with a shade, bit it was too awesome to pass up:

IMG-3212.jpg


Next time I'm up in Portland, we'll swing by Lounge Lizard and order a custom two-tiered fiberglass shade. Lots of options to choose from.
 
Back
Top Bottom