• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Bought a pair of these at a recent estate sale. Yes, they are 70’s horrible, and YES, that was the intent! I have a 70’s man cave, and pride myself in outfitting it with vintage 70s decor. Must be original to the era, and the more outrageous, the better. These fit the bill! Big lamps that stand tall! In great original shape. Gotta love that harvest gold baby!

I think they must have been going for the “1970‘s pumpkin trophy” look. If so, they nailed it! As usual, the wife just shakes her head and points to the cave! Man, these really ARE in bad taste (even for me)!


View attachment 3517915
Not horrible at all simply beautiful
 
Not horrible at all simply beautiful
Glad you like them, they are definitely vintage and unique! Bought two more lamps recently that are also pumpkin shaped (below). Might turn these into swag lamps at some point. I love the colored glass lamps of the 60’s and 70’s. These are three-way lamps, and look good for low ambient light with just the bottoms lit up. Quickly heading into fall when the natural light tapers off, and lamps get increased use…

IMG_0684.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Glad you like them, they are definitely vintage and unique! Bought two more lamps recently that are also pumpkin shaped (below). Might turn these into swag lamps at some point. I love the colored glass lamps of the 60’s and 70’s. These are three-way lamps, and look good for low ambient light with just the bottoms lit up. Quickly heading into fall when the natural light tapers off, and lamps get increased use…

View attachment 3601129

c5ltk4yocp89.jpeg

lmajzu9709od.jpeg



I do love a nice swag lamp. These 2 are in my TV room
 
c5ltk4yocp89.jpeg

lmajzu9709od.jpeg



I do love a nice swag lamp. These 2 are in my TV room
Nice MCM vibe going on there, beautiful! Like those Empoli bottles too. I’m a huge fan of MCM and 70’s decor. Nice setup! I love the colors and light patterns that the swags cast on the walls. Great mood lighting.
 
Last edited:
Nice MCM vibe going on there, beautiful! Like those Empoli bottles too. I’m a huge fan of MCM and 70’s decor. Nice setup! I love the colors and light patterns that the swags cast on the walls. Great mood lighting.
Thank you,
My wife is not really a MCM fan but the TV area was mine. You mentioned the bottles. I went crazy about 15 years ago and bought everyone I came across. When we retired we moved to a smaller home. The bulk of them are still in boxes as I have no where to display them. :(
 
Thank you,
My wife is not really a MCM fan but the TV area was mine. You mentioned the bottles. I went crazy about 15 years ago and bought everyone I came across. When we retired we moved to a smaller home. The bulk of them are still in boxes as I have no where to display them. :(
Valuable little beasts. I’ve got 5 or 6, but am a little afraid of displaying them all together because of routine (even minor) earthquakes here - since they’re all so top heavy.. At 100 to 150 a pop, that’s quite a loss if they all take each other out in a game of dominos!

They do look pretty awesome in a windowsill with the natural light shining through them. Almost a stained glass effect…
 
Valuable little beasts. I’ve got 5 or 6, but am a little afraid of displaying them all together because of routine (even minor) earthquakes here - since they’re all so top heavy.. At 100 to 150 a pop, that’s quite a loss if they all take each other out in a game of dominos!

They do look pretty awesome in a windowsill with the natural light shining through them. Almost a stained glass effect…
Damn $100 to $150 ?? I have around 20 to 25 and never paid more than $30 many of them $20 or less. I’ve seen prices rise but honestly I’m not in the market for any more, so I’m not focused on current prices. I found one that wasn’t typically shaped. That one is in my hifi area. I’ll post a picture later.
 
Valuable little beasts. I’ve got 5 or 6, but am a little afraid of displaying them all together because of routine (even minor) earthquakes here - since they’re all so top heavy.. At 100 to 150 a pop, that’s quite a loss if they all take each other out in a game of dominos!

They do look pretty awesome in a windowsill with the natural light shining through them. Almost a stained glass effect…


2k3lucdu74r2.jpeg


At Pottery City Antiques and I came across these. The one on the left is $125 the other is $75
 
That’s of your own fabrication? Nice…very nice. :thumbsup:
Yes, thanks, and that one was particularly troublesome. I was half way through the printing and ran out of the main filament it used. I ordered more and a few days later received an email from the company saying that they no longer made that particular filament. I had to start over with a different filament that I don't like nearly as much as the original.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom