• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's see your cans!

Are those the Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads on there? Hows the comfort and the sound as compared to stock?
They are! These are the pads for the DT cans. They fit very well, are quite comfortable, look fantastic, and sound great. In my opinion, they are the best pads you can get for the 109s. I tried the stock pads and the select velour pads and found these the best looking and sounding.
 
In my opinion, they (Dekoni pads) are the best pads you can get for the 109s.
In my opinion Dekoni are the best pads period. No matter which phones I use them them on, they are better in terms of sound quality and comfort than any original including the $4K Focal Utopia and any of the upper-tier Hifimans starting with the Edition X all the way up to the HE1000 series. I don't have the Susvara but I'm sure that if Dekoni were to make pads for it they would sound better than whatever pads HFM slaps on them. They are that good. :thumbsup:
 
I recently upped my headphones game a bit.

Purchased a Schiit Magni Unity w/ ESS usb dac built-in. It's a very cool piece of gear, versatile & clean sounding with tons of power on tap.

My headphone choices are sort of divisive. I have the AKG K701 made in Austria original version, the Hifiman Sundara closed backs, and the Philips Fidelio X3.

I enjoy them all for different reasons.IMG_0062.jpegIMG_0063.jpegIMG_0064.jpeg
 
Nice!

Are those Kimber cables? Did they come with the phones? Or did you add them later?

I like Kimbers. Quality built. :thumbsup:
Thanks! I got the cables from Meze, they are the copper PCUHD cables found here:


Cheers,
Jared
 
From my limited experience with this cable, I would say so. These are the folks that also make my 109 Pro headphones.
They also make the $3K reference-class Empyrean isoplanar which sounds heavenly when properly driven and has the best build quality I've ever seen (along with Focal). I would trust any cable from Meze to be of excellent quality.
 
Back
Top Bottom