• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz Model 8 serial number

Congrats on owning an 8.

Although the 8b seems to get most of the attention, I have both and would be hard pressed if I had to choose just one.

Today I have new (re-found?) appreciation for my 8 after cleaning years of silver tarnish off the rca ends of my interconnects. The wires are silver and they stay a bright shiny silver with their dialectic protecting them from attack. I did not think the rca's had any silver in them (who does that stuff? :)). They did and they are back to shiny and full conductivity.

A note for anyone who may come here via a search engine: It's been said that copper oxide does not conduct but silver oxide does. Well, silver oxide may conduct, but it sure attenuates a lot of an audio signal...I KNOW!
 
Congrats on owning an 8.

Although the 8b seems to get most of the attention, I have both and would be hard pressed if I had to choose just one.

Today I have new (re-found?) appreciation for my 8 after cleaning years of silver tarnish off the rca ends of my interconnects. The wires are silver and they stay a bright shiny silver with their dialectic protecting them from attack. I did not think the rca's had any silver in them (who does that stuff? :)). They did and they are back to shiny and full conductivity.

A note for anyone who may come here via a search engine: It's been said that copper oxide does not conduct but silver oxide does. Well, silver oxide may conduct, but it sure attenuates a lot of an audio signal...I KNOW!
Metal tarnish and oxide interfaces can introduce very nonlinear transferance.
 
Back
Top Bottom