• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most overrated band

Stones - barely decent music, but WAYYY overhyped. :boring:
Journey - with Steve Perry. The first 3 albums were good. :smoke:
Springsteen - yup, and I never got along with his fans either. :nono:
U2/Bono - never got the hype... and really, one name? WTF??? :scratch2:
Police - :sigh:
 
Rush, Dave Matthews, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam, Yes, Styx, and....I hate to say it....but Rolling Stones, they blew their load after the 70's.
 
Lets see... Bands i like.. mumford and sons. Radiohead. Pearl jam. Rolling stones. The Beatles. Nirvana
. Jeff Buckley. Oasis... Damn you guys....

But u2 and rush really really suck. Lol
 
Actually I do like achtung baby... Problem with u2 is that the singer is a pretentious twat... That's why coldplay blows
 
Wait does anyone even hype pearl jam... Let alone overhype them? They were always the poor man's nirvana and they fell off the map after vitalogy... Which is half good half Shite
 
Oh Cheese & Rice, I forgot Coldplay.

Their first album was good.. after that there's too much distortion.. a real muffled sound... I guess that's what happens when the band records their albums within the confines of Chris Martin's bowels...

in case that's not clear enough it's because they disappeared up their own arse
 
Okay a band can be overrated but you can still like their music. With that said.... The Beach Boys, some good tunes but not music gods IMHO.
 
Okay a band can be overrated but you can still like their music. With that said.... The Beach Boys, some good tunes but not music gods IMHO.

I think that's what it says.. there's a record toy can't fall asleep too.. unless you like waking with a migraine... I'm glad the hidden track repeat stuff has fallen out of fashion
 
Lets see... Bands i like.. mumford and sons. Radiohead. Pearl jam. Rolling stones. The Beatles. Nirvana
. Jeff Buckley. Oasis... Damn you guys....

But u2 and rush really really suck. Lol

hey, i still like the stones, doesn't mean they aren't over rated. Also, like radiohead, beatles, Nirvana , oasis, and U2. Can't be too sensitive.
 
For me it needs to go back one step to the definition of what a "band" is.

Some bands have talented musicians
Some bands are great marketers of an image
Some bands have little talent but have great chemistry
Some bands have the look that attracts fans
Some bands have great songwriting abilities but the musicianship lacks
...you get the point.

Not wanting to step on any sensibilities, I'm gonna go with the second option above and say, wait for it, drum roll please.

The Monkeys
The Partridge Family.
 
Last edited:
hey, i still like the stones, doesn't mean they aren't over rated. Also, like radiohead, beatles, Nirvana , oasis, and U2. Can't be too sensitive.

Lol I'm not sensitive. I'm keeping it lighthearted... It wouldn't do if we all liked the same things... The Beatles are overhyped... Still good though
 
this is off topic somewhat, but....overated musicians....Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, John Mayer, Steven Stills, ....back to overated bands...Grateful Dead
 
Back
Top Bottom