• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Mac CS100

Register to hide this ad
I saw those on the Web site! I wonder if they could be mounted in a wall for rear surrounds! Do they have a price out on these yet?
 
The CS100 is round and has some depth, about 8" so ceiling mounting is best unless you have real thick walls. The idea is to place these as surrounds or above the screen in a L-C-R array. The tweeter, mid and woofer are angled and can be rotated for best imaging after they are mounted in the ceiling which gives a lot of flexibility.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
The CS100 is round and has some depth, about 8" so ceiling mounting is best unless you have real thick walls. The idea is to place these as surrounds or above the screen in a L-C-R array. The tweeter, mid and woofer are angled and can be rotated for best imaging after they are mounted in the ceiling which gives a lot of flexibility.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Ron, I now use the HT-200 with LS 320's L/R and LS 350 C, all at 4 ohms. Can I still use these 8 ohm speakers for the rear?
 
Sure. In a movie mix the surrounds are only 1/2 the volume of the front left and right so you will be fine. Also the rears are usually closer to where you sit so they need to be trimmed down in level.

It is awkward to place surrounds in many rooms so the CS100 solves that problem for many being ceiling mounted.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
I think it's a great idea for rooms where a full regatta of front/surround/center speakers is not desirable or appropriate. I may look into this myself as my tv room does not have the proper seating arrangement for surrounds. Having them at the rear corners of the ceiling firing at the couch would be a solution. I assume the covers/grilles are more or less flush when installed?
 
I noticed the tone controls in the C2300 are now buried in the digital domain instead of being knobs. This is nitpicking of course but if I used the tone controls, which I don't, I think I would have preferred them being knobs. Anyone else agree/disagree with that?
 
The grills are flat on the CS100. Since these speakers can be rotated it sometimes sounds better or more defuse to bounce the rear surround tracks off a side or rear wall. You can experiment with the CS100 once it is mounted in the ceiling.

The C2300 is an analog preamp. The tone controls are analog devices that are controlled by the digital control microprocessors. This allows changing the bass and treble levels for each input and storing the settings by input.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
I noticed the tone controls in the C2300 are now buried in the digital domain instead of being knobs. This is nitpicking of course but if I used the tone controls, which I don't, I think I would have preferred them being knobs. Anyone else agree/disagree with that?
I love the new tone control design because of the added reliability. The new design (digitally controlled analog tone controls) should never need any maintenance. Deoxit sales will be going down. :)

Victor
 
Since I have a dedicated 2 channel setup in the bedroom, these would be perfect for surrounds.
Ok, makes sense to me but the bedroom jokes will shortly follow. :sigh: Arm yourself with happy bananas. :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom