• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mvp871

Register to hide this ad
For enhanced playability of damaged discs, the MVP871’s innovative transport mechanism spins CDs at 4 times the usual speed and DVDs at 2 times the usual speed storing data into a large buffer memory. This allows the laser to refocus and continue uninterrupted through many disc defects giving new life to many previously unplayable discs.
Is this going to be Deja-vu all over again with people complaining of noise, skipping and freezing like so many claimed with the MCD201? I hope McIntosh implemented everything they now know about the MCD201(firmware fixes) before this thing hits the stores.
 
PHC1 said:
Is this going to be Deja-vu all over again with people complaining of noise, skipping and freezing like so many claimed with the MCD201? I hope McIntosh implemented everything they now know about the MCD201(firmware fixes) before this thing hits the stores.


The 861 has that feature as well. I have not experienced the 201 issues with the 861, however the 861 is very finicky about the CDs it plays. Only about 75% of my collection works in it on the first try.
 
Ampzilla said:
Will this unit act like a preamp like the 201?

For all I know, it does not support the "pre amp" feature. Just plain vanilla multi player - with added improved features. :D
 
PHC1 said:
I did not know that, I thought the MCD201 was the first to do the 4x spin.
No but I think that they used a transport that was not debugged. If the MVP861 has Denon firmware or something, it was already debugged.
 
I've had no issues at all with my 861.

It does not look like the 871 has variable outputs.

Keeping with the recent discussions about the Mac web site, note that this brand new entry has a 'compare specs' link to a PDF that is not current! Oy. :nono:

JR
 
My 861 does not read some sacd's on first try or the second try.

It doesn't play the dialog in multichannel, but will when played in stereo.

Any comments or advice.

Thanks, Miles
 
EXTREME5 said:
My 861 does not read some sacd's on first try or the second try.

It doesn't play the dialog in multichannel, but will when played in stereo.

Any comments or advice.

Thanks, Miles

Miles,

That is not normal behavior. Mine plays everything the first time, always.

BTW, I have purchased (2) MVP871's :music:
 
Actually, I had problems with the surround tracks on my Tommy SACD, but others have had issues with this disc as well. Other than that, I've really had no issues.

JR
 
Thanks for the confirmation. I've already made plans to exchange for a fresh unit. BTW, the "BIG BOYS" are in the near future.:banana:

Thanks , Miles
 
masterlu said:
Miles,

That is not normal behavior. Mine plays everything the first time, always.

BTW, I have purchased (2) MVP871's :music:

What 2 only?? Thought you had bought 3 at a minimum, ... one for me to celebrate coming Chinese New Year !!! :lmao:

I really envy you! You are the MAN !!! :thmbsp:
 
:lmao:
masterlu said:
What can I say, I only have 2 ears... :dunno:

Yeah, but you can also have a stout heart and many friends what ..... :lmao:

So, one for each of us, how about that for a start ...... :D :D :D
 
Jerry Seh said:
:lmao:

Yeah, but you can also have a stout heart and many friends what ..... :lmao:

So, one for each of us, how about that for a start ...... :D :D :D


Ron, MVP871's for everyone at the bar... :beer: I have this round :smoke:

Jerry will take a side of 1201's with his :D
 
masterlu said:
Ron, MVP871's for everyone at the bar... :beer: I have this round :smoke:

Jerry will take a side of 1201's with his :D

How tall is Empire State ... and how fast the drop!! :scratch2: Go like this, sure die! :sigh: I am NOT in your league Ivan ...... :ntwrthy:

Ok, OK, I will skip your MVP871 gift !!! :tears:
 
Back
Top Bottom