• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mvp871

Extreme,

You need to go to the MVP861 set up menu to play back multi-channel and adjust your settings. Reading the manual cover to cover is a must with a universal player. They are very complex!

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
ron-c said:
Extreme,

You need to go to the MVP861 set up menu to play back multi-channel and adjust your settings. Reading the manual cover to cover is a must with a universal player. They are very complex!

Thanks,
Ron-C

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed, they are very complex.

As you suggested, I read the manual from cover to cover, and worked with my mac dealer to remedy the problem. None of this seemed to fix the problem, so a fresh unit is on the way.

Apparantly other owners are also having problems with the unit reading certian discs. They too, are having to make mutiple attempts to load the discs.

Comments please.

Thanks in advance, Miles
 
EXTREME5 said:
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed, they are very complex.

As you suggested, I read the manual from cover to cover, and worked with my mac dealer to remedy the problem. None of this seemed to fix the problem, so a fresh unit is on the way.

Apparantly other owners are also having problems with the unit reading certian discs. They too, are having to make mutiple attempts to load the discs.

Comments please.

Thanks in advance, Miles


I have this issue, but have yet to have it spring up with an SACD. On regular CDs though, it is hit or miss. I have had the same problems on 3 seperate 861s.
 
Josh said:
I have this issue, but have yet to have it spring up with an SACD. On regular CDs though, it is hit or miss. I have had the same problems on 3 seperate 861s.

Josh,
I appreciate your response. I thought I was all alone and going crazy.

Miles
 
The MVP861 has been a very good tracking unit. Very few disks seem to cause problems so if you are experiencing tracking issues the machine may need service. Over the past year the 861 was again the largest selling McIntosh model.
Multi-channel playback does require that option to be set in the set up menu to function.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
On the 871? First one selects video output type and second selects resolution that is set for the selected video. Component would be 480i or 480p.
HDMI or RGB would be 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p....
We have the NTSC and PAL thing going on as this is a multi mode player set up for US and overseas sales..

Thanks,
Ron-c
 
Jim, the other post was from August, the 861 sales were for the whole year through the end of December. When you add in the MDA/MCD1000, MR85 and MS300 we are the source component company....

Thanks,
Ron
 
ron-c said:
On the 871? First one selects video output type and second selects resolution that is set for the selected video. Component would be 480i or 480p.
HDMI or RGB would be 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p....
We have the NTSC and PAL thing going on as this is a multi mode player set up for US and overseas sales..

Thanks,
Ron-c
Thanks Ron,
That is a nice feature, keep it simple. I hate it when these types of adjustments are hidden in sub-menus.

Victor
 
ron-c said:
On the 871? First one selects video output type and second selects resolution that is set for the selected video. Component would be 480i or 480p.
HDMI or RGB would be 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p....
We have the NTSC and PAL thing going on as this is a multi mode player set up for US and overseas sales..

Thanks,
Ron-c

Hi Ron,

Since this is multi-mode (PAL/NTSC), does this mean it is also multi-code? In other words, code free? If it is, I will go get one as my MVP is only code 1 and there are some discs I cant play, especially those on PAL and are from Europe.

Thanks.
 
Jerry,

Machines sold into the US domestic market are stricly Code 1. I would rather not say more than that but you should discuss this with your import agent in Sing. as far as options.

thanks,
Ron-C
 
ron-c said:
Jerry,

Machines sold into the US domestic market are stricly Code 1. I would rather not say more than that but you should discuss this with your import agent in Sing. as far as options.

thanks,
Ron-C

Understood. Message received. Thanks Ron.
 
ron-c said:
Jim, the other post was from August, the 861 sales were for the whole year through the end of December. When you add in the MDA/MCD1000, MR85 and MS300 we are the source component company....

Thanks,
Ron
Maybe because mac is victim of its quality, mac amps last forever!

Thanks for your comments, I was just curious about sales ;)
 
The MVP871 supports PAL 576i and 576P plus the HD video rates of 720P, 1080I and 1080P. The audio section is 24/192 on all six channels and we do not up-sample the audio in any way.
Yes, many with older amps and preamps are the best customers for the latest disk spinners. You could even use the 871 with a C20 from 1960 and it would work fine.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Back
Top Bottom