• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo Files For Bankruptcy

Register to hide this ad
Sad, both my brother and I remember his 2500MKII receiver well. Overbuilt and great sound quality. I am afraid only the most nimble of firms will survive.
 
Love how none of the speakers pictured at the top of the press release are made by onkyo.

Will miss the brand the first receiver I bought for my first hifi was an onkyo.

Still confused by the bankruptcy as I thought I read a few months ago that vox bought them.
 
Its sad to hear. I am reasonably pleased that Integra, once a division of Onkyo, has been a standalone business since 1999.
My DTC 9.8 AV preprocessor has been solid since 2008!

I did read that Onkyo today is an empty shell of who they were last year ...
as if the core of the company was sold off before the crash ...
 
Its sad to hear. I am reasonably pleased that Integra, once a division of Onkyo, has been a standalone business since 1999.
My DTC 9.8 AV preprocessor has been solid since 2008!

I did read that Onkyo today is an empty shell of who they were last year ...
as if the core of the company was sold off before the crash ...
integra was sold off at the same time as onkyo to the same company
 
Bummer, I'm sure we'll see the market flooded with crappy plastic electronics with the Onkyo Name stamped on them. It was neat that they lasted so long with all of upheaval in the audio world over the decades.
 
Its sad to hear. I am reasonably pleased that Integra, once a division of Onkyo, has been a standalone business since 1999.
My DTC 9.8 AV preprocessor has been solid since 2008!

I did read that Onkyo today is an empty shell of who they were last year ...
as if the core of the company was sold off before the crash ...
I've got the same one,with the big silver knob,love it.
 
The Onkyo and Integra HT stuff I get is just about worthless. The HDMI boards had problems and a Google search shows how much trouble Onkyo were. Integra was installer and nearly unknown.

The Integra were built very well.
But most that I see have a factory refurbished sticker on them. Must have been a lot of lemons.

Harman Kardon is buying up all the audio brands now.

When audio is more computer than component, it’s not good.
 
I bought a TX-8222 from Crutchfield when they first came out. Had that thing for YEARS.
Took a lick'n and kept on tick'n.
I was very satisfied with that little thing.
 
Should of built wireless speakers with monitoring devices built in and hypnotic phones, those seem to be all the rage. Looks like Sharp/Voxx will continue to use the name Onkyo.
 
As the smartphone goes, so goes the basis most center their existence upon.....they are within grasp 24-7, provide instantaneous news, weather, pictures, music, social info, movies, and you can even make a phone call on it!......I saw someone take their smartphone to the bathroom on an airplane, it's that much of a habit to have it in your hand at all times......like it or not, this is the sort of technology that is driving our society today, the quickest and easiest means to the end is what counts.....look at the 35mm camera and film industry, now mostly limited to professionals.....with the end of Onkyo and likely more companies of their type to come, the hi-fi industry will gravitate mostly toward the high end/expensive segment.....if Onkyo couldn't survive in the lo and mid fi segment, who can?
 
This is very sad news. I have an Integra TX-870 that is a super nice receiver and an Integra DX-5700 that is the best sounding CD player I've heard, really well built.
 
Back
Top Bottom