• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Service needed in Michigan - Crossed Paths Vintage??

I gave him 4 sets of my 6013 boards for labor and I'm sure he won't give them back to me. I sent him a message a little while ago and told him if he didn't answer me, I would call the Texas AG like the others did. He gave me a tracking number and said it will ship back to me tomorrow. So. After about 8 months, no repair and I'm out $600
 
It seems that he fixes the easy stuff and waits till you bitch about the long service time on the stuff he can't fix
 
I gave him 4 sets of my 6013 boards for labor and I'm sure he won't give them back to me. I sent him a message a little while ago and told him if he didn't answer me, I would call the Texas AG like the others did. He gave me a tracking number and said it will ship back to me tomorrow. So. After about 8 months, no repair and I'm out $600
Ahh, OK. You sent them as "payment".. So yeah, I can understand that. Disregard my other comment then...
 
I just bought a G-9700 and it's in transit to me. It's in NICE shape so I boxed up the G-7700 and will list it for parts which sux since it's in very nice condition. Can't wait till the 9700 shows up. Not sure which speakers I'll pair it with. Maybe I can find another shop BESIDES Crossed Paths to fix the 7700 but I'm in the middle of a move so it will have to wait a month or two. I have a couple places in mind so we'll see.


G-9700(1).jpg G-9700(2).jpg
 
I added CPV to Yelp today, and posted this review about them. Yelp has not added it as of this hour but they should soon. Regardless, hope this helps you all. I had a 4 month ordeal with CPV and here is my story...

I'm writing this review from a standpoint of feeling that business owners deserve forgiveness and a second chance, and also that their customers deserve to be informed of what's happening with their property while it's in someone else's possession. I'm giving Crossed Paths Vintage 2 stars and the free market will decide where it goes from there. Here is my experience:

I found CPV's vintage receiver repair and restoration service advertised on eBay. I contacted the owner (Brent) for further information on his services, and ended up deciding to hire him to perform work on 2 vintage receivers I own.

According to his eBay advertisement, he performs complete tear down and rebuild of vintage stereo equipment, including things such as capacitor replacement, soldering checks and repairs, etc. It says this is done In a 30 day turnaround. Speaking with him, he gave additional details about what he does, and asks for any special requests. He requested prepayment for the service, plus an additional discounted amount for return shipping of the units via UPS. I followed his instructions and sent my goods out in April. I expected them back by June.

Come June, I inquirerd on their status, and he told me there were delays in parts ordered and the units should be done in about another month. Here where it gets interesting.

I Googled this business, and a couple of threads popped up about business reviews, and current and former customers discussing their experiences on a vintage audio chat board. The experiences being shared ended up being quite scary, from major year long delays to people claiming this was a scam service. The common denomination amongst people tended to be extremely poor lack of communication from CPV.

Now in my opinion, when you're running late on providing services you've been paid for, with peoples extremely valuable equipment (some of these receivers fetch well over $2000 in value), honest and timely communication is extremely important. Lack of communication drives a lot of potential misconceptions when your property is in another state with someone. Couple this with poor online reviews, I had no choice other than fear my units weren't coming back.

I called my local police to file a report about all this, and they forwarded it to the Burleson TX police department. They went to investigate and it turns out CPV is running very behind on their services. Well then why not just tell people the truth??? Why still advertise a 30 day turnaround? Needless to say now CPV suddenly got the units done and sent back very quickly. They were packaged well for shipping as promised. I hope in the future communication between business and customers improves, this will save a lot of emotions.
 
I have the same problem with cross path I will change every diode every capacitor every little resistor my ass. I sent Brent a Marantz 4300 last July 2020 and turn around November 4th, then December 30, then January 2021, then February 14 he said it was all apart and he ordered parts and waiting. He said it is next to be done. They are very complicated and have four amplifier boards. Well seems he hasn't done ****. I paid $670 and $125 shipping plus $125 to ship it. I have called messaged and nothing. It is August 22, 2021 and nothing so I guess I will open a fraud case on Ebay and ask them to suspend all of his sales and if that doesn't work I will be driving to Texas and break a few bones. I am tired and fed up with his ****!!!
 
Ouch that is rough. I would've filed a police report by now. He says mine will be done next week...Not holding my breath.
 
I have the same problem with cross path I will change every diode every capacitor every little resistor my ass. I sent Brent a Marantz 4300 last July 2020 and turn around November 4th, then December 30, then January 2021, then February 14 he said it was all apart and he ordered parts and waiting. He said it is next to be done. They are very complicated and have four amplifier boards. Well seems he hasn't done ****. I paid $670 and $125 shipping plus $125 to ship it. I have called messaged and nothing. It is August 22, 2021 and nothing so I guess I will open a fraud case on Ebay and ask them to suspend all of his sales and if that doesn't work I will be driving to Texas and break a few bones. I am tired and fed up with his ****!!!

You have to call your local police, and file a theft report. They will contact the Burleson TX police and take it from there. That's the order of operations. Make sure when the police come to file the report, you have all contact with him printed out. Invoices, email, texts, financial transaction records, shipping tracking numbers, etc. Burleson police are aware of him, so fight for your equipment and get it handled. He needs to run his business MUCH better. I did get mine back but the fear and teeth pulling was not per his stated 30 day turnaround.
 
I had to threaten him with a call to the Attorney General (as others have). He sent my unit back within 5 days. It wasn't fixed or packed very well but I got it back.
 
Bonzoro, It's good to hear that you got you unit back.
Yet, this "tool" still has all his postings on "eBay" still active. I've linked all this to them, but it's obvious they could care less.
I feel terrible for the unsuspecting that chick on those and what they're in for.
 
Much sympathy g0es 0ut t0 all 0f the CVP cust0mers wh0 have been drawn int0 this nasty situati0n!! 0nly blind luck has prevented me fr0m j0ining y0ur ranks. D0n't expect much help fr0m eBay, because they c0uldn't care less ab0ut y0ur plight even th0ugh their rules and p0licies helped y0u bec0me victims 0f a fraudulent listing by a seller n their website. I've been d0wn that r0ad with eBay a few times and they have used flawed principles t0 arrive at a FINAL decisi0n in a maj0rity 0f th0se cases. Y0u will have a much better chance getting help from your credit card company and/or PayPal provided they were involved in the transaction. ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD WHEN BUYING ANYTHING N EBAY!!!! THOSE GUYS DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH WARPED LOGIC AND STUPID POLICIES THE WAY EBAY DOES!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
 
Last edited:
Looking for someone to service/repair Pioneer SX 950 in Michigan. (SW Michigan if possible)
Any suggestions would be appreciated,

I don't know if you are still looking.... But I ran across a shop in Pontiac, Michigan the other day that works on vintage gear... Don't recall the name at the moment, but if still looking - let me know and I'll try to research where it was. GOOD LUCK!! Richard N.
 
If this guy is so bad, why is he still at 100% positive feedback. Just curious?
I am not a big eBay user, but as I have read in this thread, I guess is it really hard to leave negitive feedback on eBay and because he is selling a "service" not a product it is hard to trace or track. for me, I contacted him through eBay, he called me and we did the transaction outside of eBay so i have no way to get eBay invovled. Again, I dont know much other than it seems several people have experienced what i am going through.
 
Back
Top Bottom