• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Service needed in Michigan - Crossed Paths Vintage??

The positive feedback is from sellers he is buying parts from. He has barely any feedback in the past year from people purchasing his services. And yes you only have a certain amount of time to leave feedback before eBay closes it for the buyer. This was such a bad overall experience. I was luckily enough to get my unit back in one piece. I paid for the full restoration and he only replaced some burnt out bulbs.
 
Hopefully you get it back I'm in SW michigan. You can bring it over and I can show you how to fix some things on it like deoxit on the pots, changing bulbs, changing caps,transistors,resistors. Havent done any diodes yet. Unfortunately I dont have test equip to find specific problems yet but like on my yamaha CR-400 having a preout I narrowed it down to a bad transistor on the main amp board so I just replaced the 12 transistors on that board which solved it. Either way good luck and hope u get it back
 
Class action lawsuit?

I opened one of my units up last night and nowhere near what was promised, was performed. I'm thinking some caps and lights were replaced, but the unit was absolutely NOT disassembled or cleaned in the manner advertised on eBay.

Don't forget to add a review to Yelp! The page is there now.
 
My buddy sent his Marantz receiver to this place, got the runaround and now it's radio silence.
 
I have the same problem with cross path I will change every diode every capacitor every little resistor my ass. I sent Brent a Marantz 4300 last July 2020 and turn around November 4th, then December 30, then January 2021, then February 14 he said it was all apart and he ordered parts and waiting. He said it is next to be done. They are very complicated and have four amplifier boards. Well seems he hasn't done ****. I paid $670 and $125 shipping plus $125 to ship it. I have called messaged and nothing. It is August 22, 2021 and nothing so I guess I will open a fraud case on Ebay and ask them to suspend all of his sales and if that doesn't work I will be driving to Texas and break a few bones. I am tired and fed up with his ****!!!
If you go there, grab my buddies Marantz, and bitch slap him for me, please.
 
Gotta say... I wish I would have taken the time to research this crook before I sent him my G6000. Long story short, sent my unit back on March 14th and got the run around for months. Finally on mid December of 2021 after 9 + months and reading about all this, I told him I was making a police report and sending the info to the AG. He promised to have it shipped to me before Christmas, which he never did, so early Christmas morning I sent him another text letting him know I was filing a police report on Monday. That same day, he sent me a tracking number saying my unit was done and on its way. I received it on 12/30/21. Good news are I got my unit, and the right channel is not cutting off anymore after an hour of listening, but otherwise the unit has not been touched. No full restoration, no cosmetic work performed, not even a decent cleaning. This guy is full on ripping people off. I've posted links on a couple of FB Sansui groups I'm a member of to bring awareness and quite a few more people came out and posted about having the same experience with Brent. Mr. Ken Paxton the TX AG is going to be receiving a few calls and emails today for sure.
 
Gotta say... I wish I would have taken the time to research this crook before I sent him my G6000. Long story short, sent my unit back on March 14th and got the run around for months. Finally on mid December of 2021 after 9 + months and reading about all this, I told him I was making a police report and sending the info to the AG. He promised to have it shipped to me before Christmas, which he never did, so early Christmas morning I sent him another text letting him know I was filing a police report on Monday. That same day, he sent me a tracking number saying my unit was done and on its way. I received it on 12/30/21. Good news are I got my unit, and the right channel is not cutting off anymore after an hour of listening, but otherwise the unit has not been touched. No full restoration, no cosmetic work performed, not even a decent cleaning. This guy is full on ripping people off. I've posted links on a couple of FB Sansui groups I'm a member of to bring awareness and quite a few more people came out and posted about having the same experience with Brent. Mr. Ken Paxton the TX AG is going to be receiving a few calls and emails today for sure.
The same day I posted here about my buddies Marantz receiver, my buddy got a call out of the blue from this guy. Saying another two months, " waiting for parts". So I'm not sure if he's monitoring this site and this thread, if he is,
I hope he realizes how many people think he is a scumbag and piece of ****.
I would love to see this guy get his door kicked in, arrested and charged for various fraud and money scams.
Please do call and send emails to TX AG on this guy, enough is enough.
 
I understand a backlog and getting overwhelmed with restorations and repairs. I have well over a hundred items checked in at all times and it's all we can do with me, three other techs and one apprentice to keep up with it all. But when it comes down to no communication and excessive amounts of delays a repair business should do three things. Give the unit back, give a full refund for all diagnostics paid and give a sincere apology. I know I have had to do this once or twice. But from what I have seen here there seems to be a lack of understanding and caring by the repair business and I have seen this before by businesses that do this mail order only. This is why it is wise to use local repair techs. My shop never does mail in repairs and it is all drop off and pick up only with personal service. This way customers can talk to a real person face to face and you know exactly where your equipment is.
 
I, too, can confirm that this guy Brent is a complete rip off artist. I also found him through eBay and, unfortunately, did not investigate and find all of the bad reviews. Like others, he did the deal with me outside of eBay to repair my Marantz 2285B. I sent him the unit and, go figure, 60 days came and went, some 6+ months later I began to threaten to contact law-enforcement and he sent the unit back to me, still non-operational. He tried to claim it was damaged in shipping which is weird because there was absolutely no damage to the box. This guy is a rip off artist. Buyer beware, keep your distance. I do intend to contact the Texas state Attorney General and the district attorney in the county where he is, I obviously have his address. Don’t hold out a lot of hope but as far as I’m concerned this guy is a criminal.
 
I, too, can confirm that this guy Brent is a complete rip off artist. I also found him through eBay and, unfortunately, did not investigate and find all of the bad reviews. Like others, he did the deal with me outside of eBay to repair my Marantz 2285B. I sent him the unit and, go figure, 60 days came and went, some 6+ months later I began to threaten to contact law-enforcement and he sent the unit back to me, still non-operational. He tried to claim it was damaged in shipping which is weird because there was absolutely no damage to the box. This guy is a rip off artist. Buyer beware, keep your distance. I do intend to contact the Texas state Attorney General and the district attorney in the county where he is, I obviously have his address. Don’t hold out a lot of hope but as far as I’m concerned this guy is a criminal.
I hope you do report him, I can't believe this guy is still breathing.
The guys a Scumbag, my buddy is still waiting to get his unit back, even got a lawyer and served him papers. I think it's almost 2 years since he received my buddies Marantz.
 
14 months and a letter to the Texas Attorney General and I got my SX950 back from this guy. It was packed nice and showed no signs of damage. Looked good inside and out. So far so good all outputs working properly and sounds great. I feel like such a tool, should have done more research before but I was desperate and should have known better. But I am so happy to have this unit back. I would caution anyone to properly set your expectations if you use this guy.
 
14 months and a letter to the Texas Attorney General and I got my SX950 back from this guy. It was packed nice and showed no signs of damage. Looked good inside and out. So far so good all outputs working properly and sounds great. I feel like such a tool, should have done more research before but I was desperate and should have known better. But I am so happy to have this unit back. I would caution anyone to properly set your expectations if you use this guy.
So glad you got your unit back from this bozo. My buddy is still waiting for his gear, but he got a good lawyer and served him with papers, he is fully ready to take him to court.
Supposedly going to ship gear back by week's end. I doubt it very much, because he has said that multiple times.
I think it's been almost 2 years now.
How is he allowed to use E-bay to screw people so openly.
Did you get a response from the Attorney General?
 
Much sympathy g0es 0ut t0 all 0f the CVP cust0mers wh0 have been drawn int0 this nasty situati0n!! 0nly blind luck has prevented me fr0m j0ining y0ur ranks. D0n't expect much help fr0m eBay, because they c0uldn't care less ab0ut y0ur plight even th0ugh their rules and p0licies helped y0u bec0me victims 0f a fraudulent listing by a seller n their website. I've been d0wn that r0ad with eBay a few times and they have used flawed principles t0 arrive at a FINAL decisi0n in a maj0rity 0f th0se cases. Y0u will have a much better chance getting help from your credit card company and/or PayPal provided they were involved in the transaction. ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD WHEN BUYING ANYTHING N EBAY!!!! THOSE GUYS DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH WARPED LOGIC AND STUPID POLICIES THE WAY EBAY DOES!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
So glad you got your unit back from this bozo. My buddy is still waiting for his gear, but he got a good lawyer and served him with papers, he is fully ready to take him to court.
Supposedly going to ship gear back by week's end. I doubt it very much, because he has said that multiple times.
I think it's been almost 2 years now.
How is he allowed to use E-bay to screw people so openly.
Did you get a response from the Attorney General?[/QUOT
 
I did. First I got a letter stating they received my complaint. They then sent him a letter and he had to respond to it and they sent me a copy of it. He gave all his excuses but said he would have the into done in two weeks. I got a response from him BEFORE I got the letter from the AG so clearly when he got the letter he knew none needed to contact me. He said I would have shipping info in a week it was after two weeks I texted him again and it went out two days later and I got it in three days. The AG complaint seemed to work
 
Excellent job, I wish the AG would shut him down, after he returns each and every piece of gear back to their rightful owners.
 
Apparently, I was in violation regarding creation of the "Crossed Paths Vintage Ripped Me Off!" thread. It has been taken down.

Oh well, I guess having people scammed is not as important than some silly rule here. I'm done with this site.
ITS funny how AK goes out of their way to protect people like brent huskins/crossed paths vintage audio repair and other ilk. quad bob got that same type of protection.....and so did chris ready....it allowed them to be able to continue to rip people off
 
Can you expand on this? I haven't read any negatives about his work and it seems he does a good rebuild.
My buddy has first hand knowledge of what he doesn't do.
This joker has been in possession of my buddies Marantz Model 4400 for almost Two Years, I think more than two years now. It was supposed to be a 60 day turnaround, straight from this idiots mouth. When he would respond, which is extremely infrequently, it was nothing but excuses. Saying stuff like, just need to order a part, or it will be shipped out in two weeks. Then months would go by, and he would puke up the same excuses and promises. My buddy still doesn't have his Marantz back, but what this POS down there does have is a pending lawsuit against him.
I would never ever send anything to this guy, so many stories just like this one, I have spoke to several people who have been burned by this schmuck.
 
ITS funny how AK goes out of their way to protect people like brent huskins/crossed paths vintage audio repair and other ilk. quad bob got that same type of protection.....and so did chris ready....it allowed them to be able to continue to rip people off

Curious. I have heard nothing bad about Chris Ready nor Quad Bob. In fact I have heard they are both very good.
 
Back
Top Bottom