• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Great Vinyl Experiment

Okay, I admit I'm lost at this point....

I'm just saying that even MV can be rock music. It's just a matter of perspective...
 
Sorry, Justen. Ya gotta keep up. Meggy wanted one of those rock brushes, until I suggested he use it on the Court of the Crimnson King LP, the one for which he has been searching, and about which he posted, elsewhere on AK.

His reversal of position on the desirability of 'rock brushes' occurred at near-lightspeed, and surely must have caused him an injury.

All caught up, now?
 
Now you said "KC" and immediately I thought of "and the Sunshine Band"....

Must have missed the other thread!
 
Sorry, Justen. Ya gotta keep up. Meggy wanted one of those rock brushes, until I suggested he use it on the Court of the Crimnson King LP, the one for which he has been searching, and about which he posted, elsewhere on AK.

His reversal of position on the desirability of 'rock brushes' occurred at near-lightspeed, and surely must have caused him an injury.

All caught up, now?

The moment of clarity damn near broke my neck.
 
Postscript?

It's been long enough for both Justen and BrocLuno to report back in - where are those long-term reports, Guys? :yes:







Anybody?











Bueller?
 
Well, since you asked....

I actually thought about posting this last week, but was rather busy. I left the PF album sitting uncovered and untouched since the beginning of this experiment. I had expected to see more dust on the Armour All treated area but that really wasn't the case. The AA area, and the Windex treated area were still quite shiny and clean looking. A quick test play (let's face it, this album doesn't lend itself to "critical listening") indicates no obvious degradation in sound quality.

I stand by the idea that this stuff does little damage to the vinyl itself. And I doubt it does any damage to a diamond stylus. What I would suggest it that anything goopy like ArmourAll probably builds up on the stylus and I don't think that is good. I still believe that the DIY cleaner is effective, maybe not as good as the fancy cleaners, but I haven't tested between them.

Yet.

Seeking sponsorship here! So if any manufacturer wants to send me a bottle of their stuff I'll jump on it! And since VPI has yet to send me one of their units to try, I'm biting the bullet and building my own RCM. Needless to say it was another late night, alcohol fueled brainchild and in my typical style it is massively overbuilt. Stay tuned, it is almost complete.....
 
BTW, this thread has gotten more views than any other thread I've ever done.

Not sure what that says about ya'll... :scratch2:
 
It is just great to watch. I have used Goo Gone on a DCC LP and don't hear any noise from it.

And I got that here!
 
Back
Top Bottom