• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Pioneer "eXclusive" Gear Thread!

Hey!

I have a Pioneer P3A on the way :)

I had a Pioneer C7 preamp. It was excellent but I felt the sound quality wasn't as good as the older equipment or a couple of my tube preamps. It was as if Pioneer was trying to compete with Accuphase. Perhaps they need to be heard within the context of a full Exclusive system however I did use them with expensive Accuphase monoblocks.

Attached are two photos of my very old system (The Yamaha speakers did leave and then came back 2 years later!). Pictured is the smaller Pioneer P10 and the Exclusive M4 power amplifier.

Also pictured is the C7 preamp.
 

Attachments

  • shiw77758-img600x450-1170670442dscf0624.jpg
    shiw77758-img600x450-1170670442dscf0624.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_5565.jpg
    100_5565.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 236
  • shiw77758-img600x450-1170670466dscf0625.jpg
    shiw77758-img600x450-1170670466dscf0625.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 148
No problem. I intend to do a review of them and use them to explore a DIY speaker build. I will also use the Technics SE-A1 power amplifier, and a Yamaha B-1 super dreadnought! For cd we can play with Sony's very first broadcast cd player, the CDP-5000S. :)

It will be a japanese super-rig.
 
megasat:

you should indeed be glad that you bought them; they are very, very hard to source.

I was actually in the running for that C7 on Yahoo, but somehow the owner thrown out my middleman from bidding on it.. Surely another one will come available eventually; and ofcourse we still have Hifido..

I am quite confident that I will like M6 indeed, I am very curious how they will make a difference on the 3401's compaired to the M3 amp..

to be continued..

I will send you a PM if I see another C7 or C7a.

How's your listening impression on the M6? I hope you do get them.


Hey!

I have a Pioneer P3A on the way :)

I had a Pioneer C7 preamp. It was excellent but I felt the sound quality wasn't as good as the older equipment or a couple of my tube preamps. It was as if Pioneer was trying to compete with Accuphase. Perhaps they need to be heard within the context of a full Exclusive system however I did use them with expensive Accuphase monoblocks.

Attached are two photos of my very old system (The Yamaha speakers did leave and then came back 2 years later!). Pictured is the smaller Pioneer P10 and the Exclusive M4 power amplifier.

Also pictured is the C7 preamp.

I think C7a (C7 too?) sounds less than other preamps I have heard so far. But it's in a good way. I think it produces less sound of it's own.

I drive C7a & M8 with ML # 36 and 37. I don't think Pioneer tries to compete with Accuphase at all. Two very different sounds. I have auditioned P-800, P-1000 and C-290V.

Nonetheless, I think some older vintage gears are pretty hard to beat and I love them equally.

Speaking of which, I think you took possession of my dream Technics SE-A1. :) How's that sounds?
 
Last edited:
Yeah, maybe I didnt give the C7 enough time really. I sold it in Europe around 2 years ago and someone got a bargain at 2250 euros, they go for double that now with ease.

I will tell all about the Technics SE-A1...when I mate it with the Technics SB-10000 speakers. I have a very large shipment arriving :) Santa will have a difficult time getting it down the chimney. :)

R
 
Actually, I just saw your lovely videos on youtube.

Check out these TAD 2402's powered by WE amps. They also added a pair of ET-703 tweeters (these would make a massive difference to your speakers also) via a high pass filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZPCmi10Wg&feature=related

The speakers are off the floor and the recording does show the dynamics pretty well.




I think in January, I would like to come and visit you !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The M6 monoblocks aren't here yet.. sigh.. we had such an extremely amount of snow the last few days, I decided to delay my drive. I hope to pick them up somewhere this week. Will update after I have received them.

I just got my F3 tuner back after a readjustment/fix. It amazes me how clear and dynamic a sound this tuner can produce.. :music:
 
Update: the M6 blocks are here! this is really some special material.. no auditioning yet, but they sure look great! complete with all packing, cables and manual! Lovely :thmbsp: I am sure they will go very nice with the C3, F3, P3 and 3401's. It was quite funny to see exactly those speakers pictured in the manual.. looks like the engineers at Pioneer had it all figured out; this is a great match!!
 
the tower has became a bit higher.. I don't think I like it this way, to high and a bit unstable with that heavy TT on top.. Guess I'll have to go and find a new solution..:yes:

IMG_1227.jpg


IMG_1226.jpg


IMG_1229.jpg
 
Yeah, maybe I didnt give the C7 enough time really. I sold it in Europe around 2 years ago and someone got a bargain at 2250 euros, they go for double that now with ease.

I will tell all about the Technics SE-A1...when I mate it with the Technics SB-10000 speakers. I have a very large shipment arriving :) Santa will have a difficult time getting it down the chimney. :)

R

There is something about C7a that I couldn't describe with words. It may just be that C7a and M8 works better together.

I think you sold the C7 a little too cheap back then.

I can't wait to hear your impression on the SE-A1 and SB-10000. Those are huge monsters so I hope Santa didn't wreck your chimney trying to pull SB-10000 down. :thmbsp:

The M6 monoblocks aren't here yet.. sigh.. we had such an extremely amount of snow the last few days, I decided to delay my drive. I hope to pick them up somewhere this week. Will update after I have received them.

I just got my F3 tuner back after a readjustment/fix. It amazes me how clear and dynamic a sound this tuner can produce.. :music:

Wow...snow is sure a killer. :sigh:
Update: the M6 blocks are here! this is really some special material.. no auditioning yet, but they sure look great! complete with all packing, cables and manual! Lovely :thmbsp: I am sure they will go very nice with the C3, F3, P3 and 3401's. It was quite funny to see exactly those speakers pictured in the manual.. looks like the engineers at Pioneer had it all figured out; this is a great match!!

May be snow is not a deterrent to your eXclusive Quest. It's great to hear you are liking M6s. :music:

the tower has became a bit higher.. I don't think I like it this way, to high and a bit unstable with that heavy TT on top.. Guess I'll have to go and find a new solution..:yes:

IMG_1227.jpg


IMG_1226.jpg


IMG_1229.jpg

Beautiful eXclusive Pieces. I guess I should share a picture of my only two eXclusive pieces too. I wanted to get a pair of eXclusive speakers but shipping would be a killer. But I guess there is a possibility that I could get the TAD speakers here. :scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • m8&c7a.jpg
    m8&c7a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 96
You should indeed be able (with alot of patience) to source a pair of TAD's in the US.. In the meanwhile; does your C7a supports the option to connect a V7?
 
I like the V7 so much since it makes me able to remote control the C7 that I don't have.. ;) and next to that it's just a very pretty machine!
 
Yes...yes! I looked at your pics again and the V7 sure is very purdy and with the remote. :yes: I need the remote. Now, I want the V7 while you want the C7. :D I hope there is a C7 comes your way soon...

So, how's the listening impression on the M6?
 
Back
Top Bottom