• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Pioneer "eXclusive" Gear Thread!

Hi,

How to say ? You get some and you lost some, not punchy bass but lush mid range and the overall better control due to the ss pre-amp ( I am not sure in case of the expensive tube pre-amp cause I have no chance to have one )
cheer
 
minhminh,

Just like you, I am searching for a C7.. already for a couple of years right now. FYI: there is a C7a in Japan for sale right now for a decent price. I am not interested since it doesnt support the option to connect to the V7 controller/videoswitch, this is an absolute must for me.. PM me for more info.

Aren't you the same guy who is searching for a C-Z1 as well?? (again, just like me..)
 
I own a C7 (220v) and a P3 (obviously 100v, as far as I know it wasn't built outside japan), and desperately looking for an M8 and a couple of 3401...

:tears:
 
I just buyed a couple of 3401,
but mine have white woofers...
Are there different 3401 versions?

:scratch2:

579_1295249374lzZ3.jpg
 
Capitan,

Congratulations on your 3401's!
where did you buy your pair of 3401's? I don't think there was ever a different pair of 3401's marketed.. they might be reconed, or the drivers might be JBL, they do tend to have with cones as well.. have you already checked?

I have some more eXclusive coming my way as well btw..
 
I bought them on hifido.
They haven't arrived yet so I couldn't check.
The woofers seems petty identical to the dark versions, so I don't think they're JBL.

I saw that Hifido sold two others pairs and all of them have white cones, and the woofer seems a Tad:
d.jpg

e.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hi Capitan,

I don't see the whiteness in that picture; in fact, those woofers look exactly the same as mine do, it's all a matter of light and coloring in the photography to my opinion.

Congratulations anyways on this great purchase! you will love them to bits, Just like I enjoy mine every day, I just can't get enough of them.

What about the M8?

Cheers, JW
 
Hi Jw,
still looking for an M8. but my budget is a little bit tight now... :no:

I guess I will have to wait for some time before getting one, if and when it will show up.

:tears:
 
Yes, it is the only solution, I could find.
But these speakers are so heavy, that I coudn´t hear any disadvantage, even with high volume and heavy bass.

Maybe one day I find a C-3 preamp, then SX-1980 will move to another room and PL-50LII will be placed on the rack again.

:thmbsp:
 
Siamac,

First comes the C3, than you need a pair of M6 monoblocks to power those 2401's! and they you need a P3 or P10..:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom