• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

1970 R/t Challenger Convertable

I bought this in March of 2005. Yes it was a garage find!! Well kinda, the guy who I bought it from was ready to move on and since he knew I was a big Mopar dude, he made me a deal that I couldn't refuse!!
It is a real 383 R/T with the original motor safe and sound stored away in my garage. The pictures here are what it looked like when I found it and then what it looks like now. I really didn't do much except detailed and cleaned it up.
I still own my first Mopar a 1973 Dodge Charger that I got my Senoir year in highschool. Like my Audio gear, I don't sell my babies!!
Emanuel
 

Attachments

  • 1970_challenger[1].jpg
    1970_challenger[1].jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 1970_challenger_001[1].jpg
    1970_challenger_001[1].jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 1970_challenger_002[1].jpg
    1970_challenger_002[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 130
The sites I visit frequently, but thanks.

The concern with rear swaybars is the way that most kits are made. The mount point as at the frame rail not too far from where the leaf mounts to the frame. THe kit mounts to the frame by means of a bracket that has one mount point which consists of a half inch size bolt about 2 inches long. Since there is not other stress relief support, the twisting and turning of the swaybar will at that mount point actually fatigue the metal to the point where it will rip a big f*ckin hole in your framerail. I had to do some nasty repairs on my 65 dart after that incident before I sold it.

The trick would be to reinforce the mount point by boxing it to the framerail, adding another mounting bolt perpendicular to the first mount point at the opposite end of the bracket, then welding the whole assembly to the frame. Then you shouldn't have the torque tearing problems
 
I always loved the looks of a 1969 Superbee or GTX.They look just plain mean especically the hood wedges with the"440"or "Hemi" emblems!
 
philo426 said:
I always loved the looks of a 1969 Superbee or GTX.They look just plain mean especically the hood wedges with the"440"or "Hemi" emblems!

What I always thought was cool was the fact that the hi-po 440 was the standard '69 GTX engine, the only optional engine was the 426 hemi.
 
A '69 Charger (383 ci w/AC - yellow, black vinyl top, white interior) similar to this one used to be mine: One of the few cars I regret having sold.

All the best,
 

Attachments

  • 69charger.jpg
    69charger.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 277
1974 Imperial Big Green Cruisin Machine

Hi,

Just thought I'd upload a few pics of my Imperial. It's a '74, with 81k original miles, and it's got the 440.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7144.jpg
    IMG_7144.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7118.jpg
    IMG_7118.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6809.jpg
    IMG_6809.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6808.jpg
    IMG_6808.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6803.jpg
    IMG_6803.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 81
Excellent thread! You folks have some great looking cars! I was especially pleased to see some beautiful Imperials posted. Here's my 1966 Imperial Crown. The raised white letter tires are temporary. I got them because no decent whitewalls were available in the correct size so I'll have to have a shop cut the whitewalls in where the raised white letters are.



Have a great day
Brad
 
Last edited:
The raised white letter tires are temporary. I got them because no decent whitewalls were available in the correct size so I'll have to have a shop cut the whitewalls in where the raised white letters are.

Been there and done that many times!

68Imperial-1.jpg


So where ya at in Phoenix? Looks like my old house on 55th Ave between Union Hills and Bell Rd.
 
It's a '68. ('67s have one one molding in the center of the bodyline, '68s have two on each raised edge) The car came from a Mopar guy who lived around 79th Ave and Union Hills. He also had a 3-on-the-tree '69 Fury I.

I drove that '68 back to Detroit around 2002, then sold it locally. I kinda regret that. :thumbsdn:
 
Here are a few more I've bought since the last update:

000_0154.jpg


The LeBaron is fairly rare, being a '92 with a turbo 5-speed.

Feb202007175.jpg


This '71 Polara is painted Citra Yella from the factory (a musclecar color, rare on its own, let alone on a big sedan).

Feb202007016.jpg


This '72 Imperial I bought to save from derby scum.
 
In the early 80's I owned a '73 Chrysler Newport 4 door that had the same lines as the '72 Imp. I had a lot of fun in that car. Big, comfortable, power everything, and with a mildly worked over 440 under the hood it was a pretty good sleeper. Sometimes I wish I still had it.

Your Polara is just plain beautifull. Maybe I'll dig up a few pictures of my old Mopars to post.

Brad
 
Some Mopars I've owned

Actually spent a fair bit of time in a couple of Fury's - a 1974 coupe and later on a 1972 Fury III - main driver for several years.

We grew up as kids in a white '61 300G - similar to the attached picture.

I've had other Mopars - not as notable...The 2 Fury's were mint.
 

Attachments

  • 1961 300G.jpeg
    1961 300G.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1972FuryIII.jpg
    1972FuryIII.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1974FuryCoupe3.jpg
    1974FuryCoupe3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 63
Here's my Mopars!

I'm a newbie on this board and will enjoy it tremendously. Here's a couple of my Mopars. The Cordoba I sold recently, but I'm keeping the Coronet.

Cheers,

Jay
 

Attachments

  • 67coronet.jpg
    67coronet.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 75cordoba.jpg
    75cordoba.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 62
1977 Charger Daytona

Jay - your Cordoba reminded me about a ride I almost forgot about. My Silver/Black 360 Charger SE Daytona. Have some show fun with this car for a couple of years. Ron.
 

Attachments

  • Resize of 77 Charger (6).JPG
    Resize of 77 Charger (6).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 58
  • 77 Charger (8b).jpg
    77 Charger (8b).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom