• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

The only car I have ever owned that I regretted selling. This 1972 Satellite Sebring Plus was my high school and college car. I get out of college, get a job and all the sudden I'm thinking I can have a new car. What was I thinking?

1972SatelliteSebringPlus.jpg
 
Here's my 1966 Chrysler Newport - have owned it for 15 years now. Looking worse for wear from being parked outside. Rebuilt the motor & transmission (383/727), needs front end & brakes redone. Can you believe this car never had power brakes? No tailgating with this car or you'll end up killing the folks in front of you!

Drove it back from Atlanta to New Orleans two years ago - averaged 20mpg at 55-60 mph (stayed mostly on the old highways.)

Hope to begin working on her again in the winter/spring.
 

Attachments

  • newport.jpg
    newport.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 35
Love the gtx man! My ride's an 87 lebaron turbo. I've heard the turbo and 5 speed is really rare for 87 lebarons, especially coupes. I haven't seen any other coupes with a blue on blue color combo so I imagine that's pretty rare. My guess its about one of only 250 or so blue on blue premium coupes with a turbo and a 5 speed.

I'm building it up to have about 250 horsepower. Definitely a work in progress.

you can find out all the details and crap at my cardomain, but i figure i'll post a pic here too.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2929265

Here's the lady in her usual habitat about 5 months ago
101_0785.jpg
 
...My ride's an 87 lebaron turbo. I've heard the turbo and 5 speed is really rare for 87 lebarons, especially coupes...

Nice car - I always liked those. Those (along with the GTS hatchbacks & convertibles) were available with a turbo or non-turbo 2.2/2.5 with a 5-speed. In the early 90's, you could also order one with a 3.0 V6 & a 5-speed.

Not many 5-speeds or coupes are around anymore.
 
1987 Ramcharger painted in 199? Ford FL red (Taurus color), trim removed, pictures taken before I put the badges back on.

ram4.jpg

ram5.jpg

ram6.jpg
 
Nice car - I always liked those. Those (along with the GTS hatchbacks & convertibles) were available with a turbo or non-turbo 2.2/2.5 with a 5-speed. In the early 90's, you could also order one with a 3.0 V6 & a 5-speed.

Not many 5-speeds or coupes are around anymore.

Yeah I've actually seen a V6 5 speed coupe once. Really surprised me. 1990 was a good year. You could get them turbo, V6, or n/a 4, manual, 5 speed, coupe, convertible, and there were like more trims that year than any other year (6 in fact), but it was all downhill from there. They started removing options and trims, until at their redesign in 1993, there was only the Base, GTC, and the Bright LX, then in 94 only the GTC and Bright LX. the GTC being the former halo model now reduced to being the base model. Then they cut out the LX for 1995 and for the last year, all you could get was a V6, 4 speed automatic convertible GTC.

The pre 1990 ones are my favorite, especially 87 and 88s. The interior's classier, had more options than the post 1990 ones. Turbo dodges in general really hit their peak around 87/88 i think.

I also previously owned a V6 auto convertible. POS that transmission was. Had fluid. Got stuck in second all the time, popped badly, didn't like to go in reverse. I'm definitely looking forward to getting my lebaron back on the road. Needs a few odds and ends though but it's getting there. The beautiful thing about turbo dodges is parts compatability. My underhood harness is from a daytona, throttle body from a caravan, fuel rail from a shadow. Very easy to find parts.
 
This is my 1993 Dodge Shadow Convertible, when we were out on vacation. The picture was taken in the badlands. We put about 4000 miles on the car visiting Mt Rushmore, The Badlands, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson Hole along with a lot of side trips.

I bought the car from a salvage yard, it had hit a deer and had been totaled out. Only parts I had to buy was the front grill and hood. It's got the 2.5 ltr 4 cylinder with all the goodies. It didn't have cruise control when I bought it but I found everything I needed to put it on. Blast to drive and gets good mileage too boot.
 

Attachments

  • Badlands Dodge.jpg
    Badlands Dodge.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48
75 stepside half ton 450hp 440.
 

Attachments

  • P7190058.jpg
    P7190058.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 67
  • P7190053.jpg
    P7190053.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 60
1976 Dodge 1 ton Van Chassis w/360 engine. After much work, runs like a champ. I will drive anywhere with no worrys. With factory 8-track installed.:D
 

Attachments

  • 000_3829.jpg
    000_3829.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I've been a Mopar guy since I was a kid, my dad worked for Dodge. Here are my two current Mopars. These pics are after I first bought them. Right now they are torn down ready for resto as soon as we finish my son's 73 Mustang (I like Mustangs and Pontiacs too):D

1964 Plymouth Belvedere - Originally a six cyl, converted by PO to a weekend racer. Put in a 383/727 combo that's pretty worn out. Rebuilding the 383 and have traded the 727 for an A833 4-speed. Never had a big block 4-speed Mopar. We'll probably tweak this one into a 450 HP street/strip car.

1968 Dodge Coronet R/T - Original VIN stamped 440 and 727 combo. Will be restored to completely stock because it's a fairly rare car. Most of the original parts are there.
 

Attachments

  • belvedere1.jpg
    belvedere1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 60
Hmmm... I love those beefy 727s. I've got one in my Jeep. They're nice and tough, and can handle some serious power!


Maybe I should post it here... Would you count Jeep as MOPAR? Mine was AMC designed but made in '91, well after the buyout...
 
Nice thread, and great rides..... I especially like that old 66 dodge polara. (nice car)


Thats my type of style, for sure.
 
Soo nice to see these old like me Moparz still tooling the pavement.. I've had a few over the years and still have a dual snorkle air breather for the 383-440 that needs a home..

I also have two 67 chevy panel bodies, in one I ran a 350, then 396/360 hp, manual overdrive, then a 454 4 speed muncie, also have an 84 Monte Carlo LS. 350/350 vega stall, headers, comp cam, plus a couple other rods.

My main drivers are a 90 Susuki Sidekick and a 2001 Dodge short wide p/up, dark blue w 318 auto.

I've saved all the pics here for future properity and background on my PC.. NICE Thread.. Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom