• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What High End PreAmp do you have?

Glen B

The DR-6 MkII IS a high end product. It was Classé's TOTL preamp until it was replaced by the Model 6.

My comment was not meant to be a slur on Classe, but I personally think
terms such as high end and a few others often thrown around are overused
to the point of becoming irritating.

That said I did of course buy the Classe.
 
SAE Mark 1B

I'm using vintage...

SAE Mark 1B, I was not crazy about the sound when I bought it, but after bringing it to a tech for a complete recap, it now sounds WONDERFUL.

Also have a rare KM SP-100, also beautifully built and a great preamp, but the SAE just sounds much more like music to me... the KM is more upfront and dynamic but doesnt have the same natural "air" between instruments...

tonight I'll pick up a BGW pair, 202 preamp and 250B power amp. I'm mostly interested in the power amp but the preamp has good rep as well, I might give it a try...
 
I am tickled pink with the Aloia pre I have now... Kinda vintage I think!

$T2eC16FHJFwFFZ53nZ9BBR(CPIcPq!~~60_57.JPG


$T2eC16JHJIYE9qUcNbwUBR(CP),CVw~~60_3.JPG


$T2eC16hHJGIE9nnWsy!cBR(CPu,DHw~~60_3.JPG
 
My high-end preamps:

Forte Model 2 (shown with a Model 3 amp, of which I own 2):
0101CB4C50C06141339DC5


McCormack TLC-1:
71094.jpg


(Disclaimer: photos are not of my units, just some pics that I liked)
 
I have a Crown IC-150. I have some Dyna PAS2x and 3X and a PAT5. The Dynas are up for rebuilding.
 
I'm rockin a McIntosh C40 Pre-amp.........it rocks hard!!!

I love it, reliable sounds amazing, many features, flexible EQ section, balanced outputs, balanced inputs, looks amazing, sounds amazing!!

4noq.jpg
 
Looks nice Kev - more 'buttons' and 'functions' than you can shake a stick at :)

As for me - I have never owned a separate pre-amp...
 
Looks nice Kev - more 'buttons' and 'functions' than you can shake a stick at :)

As for me - I have never owned a separate pre-amp...

It does which is ironic really, because I use the volume, and the input selector and thats it!!
Hilarious when you think about it, however, its all there if I need it......

separates is the way to go, gives you the flexibility to build the system the way you want.....
 
Well I have a Audio Refinement Pre that has a fault, a Hafler Series 945 that needs service, a Kenwood C-2, currently using a Sansui AU-717 as a pre.
 
I have 2 Carvers, neither I would consider "highend"

A C1 with serious issues and a CT24 that is getting me by until I can afford to fix the C1

The highend one's I owned in the past when I had money were a Krell KRS-1 and a Perreaux SA3, now those were killer preamps :yes:
 
I never really considered either one of my Avionic Yamaha C4's "highend" until they bested and sent my "highend" pre's to other homes.
 

Attachments

  • last time 002.jpg
    last time 002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 76
  • last time 001.jpg
    last time 001.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom