• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where do you live? City, suburbs, backwoods?

Where do you live? City, 'burbs, backwoods?

  • City

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Suburb

    Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Small town (<100,000)

    Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Country

    Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Other

    Votes: 7 9.7%

  • Total voters
    72
I live on the border between Eastern and Western Washington, population is up to almost 350 full time, year round residents.
 
Moved to a small town recently from a rural address. Man people are inconsiderate here. Don't know how long it'll last.
 
In a motorhome in a RV resort on the South Side of San Antonio, right on the river path and only 3 miles from downtown. Great cycling. Come Spring if Covid is somewhat in hand I'll head up Illinois way, as close to Chicago as I can get, which isn't very close : not many campgrounds and RV parks near the city.
 
Come Spring if Covid is somewhat in hand I'll head up Illinois way, as close to Chicago as I can get, which isn't very close : not many campgrounds and RV parks near the city.
But -- isn't the traffic heavy enough in that neck of the woods that you could just kind of pick a busy route and live there (i.e., right on the highway) during the work week, at least?
;)

It's been a long time since I was last in Chicago (as opposed to passing through ORD*) -- mid-1990s.

----------
* actually, it's even been quite a while since ORD and I last encountered each other -- kind of lost most of my interest in traveling, to Mrs. H's chagrin, after doing quite a bit of it under duress for work ;)
 
Born and raised in the country. Lived there from 1950 to 1970, when it was off to college. Back to the country after graduation from 1973 to 1978. Bought a house in town, and lived there until 1986. Moved back into the country in 1986 and lived there until last year. Sold the property for a ton of money and moved to the town where I went to high school.

I miss being able to pop off a few rounds in the back yard every now and then, and have learned that country @$$holes and city @$$holes are two completely different breeds.
 
Small town in North Eastern Washington State of less than 2000, greater Oroville is about 3500 taking in people from the Highlands. Okanogan County has about 43,000 people total. We are about four miles south of the BC border and the Canadian Okanagan. They spell it different than we do. Funny thing is they call their part of heaven the Southern Okanagan (in Canada's only dessert) and we call where we live the Northern Okanogan. Go figure.
 
Small town is an understatement. Population 200-300 depending on the time of year. Closest towns east or west are about 1500-2500 people and both are a little over 20 miles away.
 
You want to know where I live?

SpiffyLameIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif


Uh ... let me get back to you on that ...
 
When we moved here 14 years ago, definitely rural. Now, slowly becoming suburban as the suburbs of Seattle become urbanized... 3400ish people in the incorporated part of Duvall, now closer to 6,000 and, once the new subdivisions are completed, should be over 10,000. Add the 5-7,000 people on the hills above town, and we'll be around 20,000 or so. By this time next year, I won't be here... Looking at land in ID, Montana, and Wyoming. Maybe also Utah.
 
Small town about 2,000 all spread out with lots of dirt roads. I live on a dirt road, a few neighbors spread out, no one gets into your business. I have a great view of a mountain a few miles away. Dead quiet and dark at night, I can hear a small log yard down the road during the day because I live on a hill and can hear everything if outside. Other than the log yard there is nothing going on outside lol
 
Back
Top Bottom