• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which one would you pick?

the_nines

Lunatic Member
Been looking to pick up another R2R and these two have come up for sale:

Revox B77

or

Teac X2000R


Both are listed for the same price in my area.

Which one do I pursue?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
It really depends on the condition of them - The Teac is a 4 track deck, the Revox might be 2 track or 4 track , and can be a std or high speed version (7.5/15Ips)

If conditions are good on both - i would be biased towards the Revox if it's a 2 track
more expensive in tape usage, but the sound ;)

What is your main goal with a deck ?
 
The Revox is a 4 track, 2 speed (3.75 & 7.5 ips).

They are both in excellent condition.

I already have a R2R (Pioneer RT-1020H) and am looking for a second one for my basement.

Main goal? : As with my Pioneer, I make tapes from my records of different artists so I can listen to without having to change records after one or two songs. Comes in very handy when I am entertaining friends, working around the house, or just being sheer lazy to attend to my turntable.

It would also come in very handy seeing that my records are downstairs in my basement (matter of convenience since I can record in the basement and listen on either machine).

It's probably a lame excuse for wanting more gear but hey.....I'm as sick as the next guy. :smoke: :D
 
I thinking about getting a second deck for my bedroom. Do tapes sound better on the deck they are recorded on?
 
I thinking about getting a second deck for my bedroom. Do tapes sound better on the deck they are recorded on?

sometimes - it depends on how well adjusted the decks are. In an ideal world you shouldn't hear any difference
 
Back
Top Bottom