• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

I recently replaced the Adcom GFT-555II with a McIntosh MR-77 - nice!

I usually listen to WRCJ 90.9 (classical and Jazz in Detroit) and 89.9 CBC2 from across the river in Windsor. Also frequently on the dial are WDET 101.9 public radio (and Jazz) from Wayne State University in Detroit and 91.7 WFUM public radio from The University of Michigan.

Hmmm ... seems that I don't listen to much "mainstream" radio ... what a shame ...
 
hey DC... ever listen to WEMU - 89.1 - Undercurrents, starting at 10:00 P.M.? They play some good Blues there, too.

Sounds nice on my Marantz 2270, old Mission 70's, and an ST-2 antenna.
 
Hi longgone,

I'd have to put up a Yagi pointed at Ypsi to get it here ... too far. I've heard good thing about it, though. Maybe someday ...
 
World Force Reggae on WFPK 91.9 Louisville KY through a Hitachi FT 5500 (IMHO a of a sleeper tuner)








Barney
 
I'm enjoying Classical 90.5 WNIU Dekalb IL. (Northern Illinois Univ.) on a
Bill Ammons modified Kenwood KT-8300. Beautiful music and a lot of it.

The announcers are very good.

I get beautiful, clean sound. No noise, spitting sounds or fluttering from
the tuner, using a cheap indoor antenna. Mr. Ammons is great to deal with
and I love what he did to this tuner.

I'm using the variable outputs on the tuner because for some reason it
sounds better if I lower the output of the tuner and raise the volume on my
C.E.C. integrated amp.

:music:
 
Was a set of Sony AM/FM headphones until a few moments ago , the power was off for three hours . Saturday night WFPK 91.9 Louisville play a great set . Rolling Stones Hour then the Blues Party till midnight .


Now got the fine Hitachi FT 5500 is tuned in .....



Barney
 
WMHT FM out of Albany area using Sony HD tuner and Winegard 6065P antenna mounted on 20' mast..wanted to upgrade to APS-13, but their website is down
 
WMHT FM out of Albany area using Sony HD tuner and Winegard 6065P antenna mounted on 20' mast..wanted to upgrade to APS-13, but their website is down

Don't feel too down. I did this upgrade and only saw marginal improvement. Really wasn't worth the money. Should have stuck with my 6065 and saved some dough.

To be on topic.. Listing to overnight Jazz and Blues from Central Michigan U. Waiting for the Sunday morning Polka show... :)
 
I have and greatly enjoy my Yamaha T-85. Glad you are enjoying yours, and the fact that it's been refurbished means it probably sounds and operates even better than mine ... truth is, that makes me a bit envious -- but in a good way.

Enjoy!
 
ADS R1 amp has killer tuner

OK, I'm sort of new to being serious about stereo stuff, but have listened to a lot of integrated amps with tuners, have some tube and solid state component tuners, as well. But, as I am listening to my ADS R1 with a couple of Kef C40s and having a total eargasm, I just wanted to extol the virtues of the ADS R1 tuner. Sounds killer and also offers a digital tuner with super fine tuning (with 2 red LEDs and a green for metering the signal), like an analog tuner, to really hone in. Anybody else fortunate enough to own one of these babies? Let me know what you think.
 
Listening right now on my Marantz ST6000 to recorded-live San Francisco Symphony in an all-Rachmaninoff program on KWAX in Eugene, OR.
 
Back
Top Bottom