• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Hey Now,

The Grateful Dead Hour on WFPK through Hafler DH330 --> Heathkit AA-100 --> Original Large Advents.

--
Finest kind,
Chris
 
Jazz Sessions on KCSM 91.1 San Mateo, CA through the Fisher R-200 tuner, Heathkit UA-1 mono blocks, Decware CSP2 pre, and Tonian Labs TL-D1 speakers.
 
Listening to Tonic on CBC Radio 2 - nice mix of jazz tonight. Station is CBE, 89.9 FM from Windsor, Ontario. Listening via my Sanyo Plus T-55 tuner via my new toy - threw one of these up on the roof today, taking advantage of the 70 degree weather:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...AR-1000-FM-Antenna-(HD-6000)&sku=615798398187

Absolutely pristine signal. Geez, this tuner sounds great with a good signal. Previously, I used a Radio Shack VU 90 TV antenna with pre-amp at my old house. No preamp now. Didn't realize what noise even a low noise preamp could throw into the signal. Absolutely silent background. I'm astounded and infinitely pleased! Also have it hooked to the Sony HD tuner that allows me to capture a few distant FM signals. Sonically, the Sanyo sounds more musical. Great for jazz.
 
Listening to KTHX 100.1 in REno, NV on my Nakamichi 630.

The sound is very good, virtually no static. Only complaint I could have is that the dial is a bit off.
It shows that I'm tuned to about 100.5.

Not bad for a late 70"s piece!
 
Listening to Tonic on CBC Radio 2 - nice mix of jazz tonight. Station is CBE, 89.9 FM from Windsor, Ontario. Listening via my Sanyo Plus T-55 tuner via my new toy - threw one of these up on the roof today, taking advantage of the 70 degree weather:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...AR-1000-FM-Antenna-(HD-6000)&sku=615798398187

Absolutely pristine signal. Geez, this tuner sounds great with a good signal. Previously, I used a Radio Shack VU 90 TV antenna with pre-amp at my old house. No preamp now. Didn't realize what noise even a low noise preamp could throw into the signal. Absolutely silent background. I'm astounded and infinitely pleased! Also have it hooked to the Sony HD tuner that allows me to capture a few distant FM signals. Sonically, the Sanyo sounds more musical. Great for jazz.


Great antenna. choice, well done. I have one I used indoors upstairs in a spare room and the results were superb. People will spend hundreds upgrading their tuner to get a marginal improvement when for $20 this will tranform your sound indoors or out. Best bang for the buck in tunerland.
 
IMG_1459.jpg


KWGS 89.5 Tulsa, OK

McIntosh MR74
 
Mornings with Jeffrey Blair on KMFA 89.5 FM Classical Austin, with a wonderfully unpretentious announcer/producer, on the little Sony BPHD tuner.

In a city of non-stop self-promotional hype and the exaltation of the mediocre as "world-class" (not just in music, but in all things), KMFA as a whole, and Mr. Blair in particular, actually deserve accolades for serving up quality classical music without the self-conscious pretension common among classical music announcers/stations.
 
Listening to Orbert Davis' jazz show on 90.9 WDCB on the Yamaha T-1020 I picked up today on CL. Sounds good. Well worth the ten bucks.
 
Evening Jazz with Meredith Michelle on "cool and current" WJSU 88.5 Jackson State University, where you get not only great music but also get to feel the energy of students working together to learn the ropes of radio.

I like Larissa Hale (The Blue Wolf) and her machinegun delivery of "nothingbuthebestinjazz..."
 
Tuner, home made Si4735

Have a look, just need to take a pic of it in my case. Complete portable Stereo Radio/Media Player, on a 4.5x7" PCB, featuring Si4735, ROHM BU9458,TI PCM2902B, TI TPA3110D2 and more. This is current technology. Don't need my Pioneer SX-950, unless I need extra power.

Enjoy
Rick
 

Attachments

  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back to the Sanyo Plus T-55 tuner and listening to 'Destination Jazz' on WDET, 101.9 FM, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. Another station that I couldn't get in clearly at my old house. Now, a pristine signal at my new location. I seem to be listening to a lot of Jazz recently. Wonder if this is a trend?:D
 
CBC Radio 2 - Saturday Night Blues 6-8p
NPR American Routes 8-10p
Yamaha RX-Z7 built in HD tuner

Detroit has some great FM radio available.
 
I am listening to FM as they have Les Brown's music of your life.. The only thing that pisses me off to no end is when they put on the Springfield Cardinals game, EVERY FRICKEN NIGHT!!!!!! I am listening to my MCS black faced tuner. It has a great sound and looks awesome. Also I listen to my Motorola stereo sometimes in the Garage.
 
WCSX 94.7 Sunday Morning Over Easy
Sansui TU-217

Yes - the Kenwood gear looks nice.:thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • tu-217.JPG
    tu-217.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 26
Jazz

On KCSM through the Fisher R200, newly cased.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-10-20_12-06-20_325.jpg
    2012-10-20_12-06-20_325.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 37
102.9 WMGK on a Pilot AF-724 courtesy of Naptown Rob. Just re-capped it and I'm giving it some run time. Needs some more TLC and tweaking but its working!
 
Back
Top Bottom