• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Nocturnes. Marilyn Lightstone 103.1 Cobourg Canada. Holst "The Planets".
Venus...the bringer of peace.

Yamaha T-80
 
Last edited:
Grateful Dead Hour

PBR WRUR 88.5 University of Rochester.

Now listening to Hermit Radio same station for the next two hours. Good time!

Yamaha T-80, Parasound Halo and Martin Logan Preface. These university broadcasts are awesome!

Ron
 
american routes, on wypf/88.1; prewiously listened to thistle & shamrock on the same station.

http://thistleradio.com/
http://americanroutes.wwno.org/

tuna is the fisher 100-r, which has been on 24/7 for about a week now. its sound is lovely - full, detailed and extended. not sure if it's quite up to the extension and detail as the s-c sr443 or my sherwood tubers, or my best s/s offerings, but it's a fine sounding tuna in its own right. i need to give it more time! :music:
PICT0001adjusted_zps6b4b3ae5.jpg


doug s.
 
p3103247.jpg


It's a tuner: functionally yes, but emphatically no.

KRTU 91.7, Trinity University's excellent jazz station out of San Antonio, on my iPhone 4S, pumped through the MAC/Klipsch set-up.
 
The usual for Wednesday evenings here:
Sounds of Brazil on 90.9 WDCB, which will be followed by Radio Deluxe.
Yamaha T-1020> Nakamichi TA-2A> KEF 103.2.
 
WRCJ Detroit. Was listening on the Revox B160 downstairs, now the Scott 333b tube tuner upstairs. Jazz in the evening is a regular for me when I'm home.
 
KKJZ Sucks 70 % of the Time

The once great jazz station KKJZ FM Los Angeles and the Bob Parlocha Show where Bob manages a decent playlist with some good stuff mixed in with there required programming crap.
I tuned in only because the local Classical station started in on some operatic stuff:)s
....on my Yamaha T-80.
 
All night, I was listening to various FM pull in's on my Proton AT-670. That in the bedroom system and the Onkyo T-4 in the main room setup.
Currently, in the living room, I have this horrible HD thing that sounds worse than the digital feeds at 64K coming in on the Logitech music server.
Even piped through the Emotiva DAC-1, it stinks...BAD!
I wish I lived in an area where there was more than country and religious music.
Even my shortwave only pipes in false prophets and communists! Oy Vey!:tears:
 
All night, I was listening to various FM pull in's on my Proton AT-670. That in the bedroom system and the Onkyo T-4 in the main room setup.
Currently, in the living room, I have this horrible HD thing that sounds worse than the digital feeds at 64K coming in on the Logitech music server.
Even piped through the Emotiva DAC-1, it stinks...BAD!
I wish I lived in an area where there was more than country and religious music.
Even my shortwave only pipes in false prophets and communists! Oy Vey!:tears:
try internet radio. while not as good sound as a good uncompressed analog fm station, it beats hd radio, imo. and world-wide selection of programming...

doug s.
 
Last night was MOG radio playing smooth jazz on a Marantz 20b.

With my internet receiving source hooked up to my FM Transmitter can I broadcast "whatever" to any of my FM tuners in the different reaches of out house.

As far as the quality, Pandora One was decent and I like the interface. It streams at either 128 or 192. Couple of months ago added MOG. Noticeably better (320 kbps). With either, you get to make your own station and NO COMMERCIALS.
 
Linda Ronstadt on "Piano Jazz with Mary McPartland" on KCSM 91.1 over a Yamaha T-2.
Listen to Mary McP on most Sunday a.m.'s for a 'while'. She is so sanctimonious that I can only take her for so long when she insists on talking and not playing. Plus, she is one of the major paid shills for HD radio. Even had a few e-mails back and forth with her publicist 3-4 years ago about HD radio and its problems and promoters. He eventually stopped communicating. Money talks.
 
Back
Top Bottom