• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wow I think I found La Scalas...

I agree...do the deal tonight. I had a similar situation here in Dallas were I picked up decorator Cornwalls and components (pre-amp, amp and 200 CD changer) for $300. Seller was not happy with the "tire kickers" and was happy to sell to me.
 
Well unfortunately the guy is working tonight, and cannot meet. I hope everything goes well tomorrow for me. I'll definitely let all of you know. Thanks again for egging me on :)

Cross your fingers for me!!!
 
first lesson, When you see something you want on CL, first e-mail.. GIVE THEM YOUR NUMBER, and ask them to call you. This tells them you are serious, AND, you get their number.. Second lesson.. Tell them you are leaving NOW.. and be in the car before you hang up...

The above is what has gotten me some really great deals.. Like Redboy said, I think you are about to learn all this the hard way.. In a case like this, my wife would understand completely had I left the house while she was gone and didn't call her and spent the money. I showed her this thread, and she said "He must not want them bad, that's a shame"

She knows the value of these, and she isn't into gear..
 
Crossed fingers and toes :banana:

Hopefully, you can get a committment from him to sell to you as he has communicated with you. Let's hope the guy has integrity and will give you the first shot at it before anyone else.

Karma your way!

Bart
 
They look pretty clean. I'd use a whole bottle of Howard's feed n' wax on them just because it smells so good and I really want a pair of LaScalas. One of the coolest looking speakers of all time.

Man, you took the words right out of my mouth.
 
first lesson, When you see something you want on CL, first e-mail.. GIVE THEM YOUR NUMBER, and ask them to call you. This tells them you are serious, AND, you get their number.. Second lesson.. Tell them you are leaving NOW.. and be in the car before you hang up...
.

Maybe there needs to be a 'scoring on craigslist' thread as what similost said can't be stressed enough. I've been asked a couple of times how I manage to get so much stuff on craigslist, and I do exactly as stated above. In fact, if I can't get something right away I rarely bother unless it's at a price that might drive off the, um, more thifty folk. One thing to add..last week I picked up a pair of speakers and the seller said "yeah, I got about 12 replies but most of the people didn't appear literate, like I'd let those people with the "u still gots em?" emails in my house with my expensive stuff"...so it helps to be polite and upstanding. The phone number in the first email is key..once you talk to somebody it's much harder for them to cross you and sell to a higher bidder. It's easier to just ignore words on a page.

Cheers...I really hope you get them and good luck with it.
 
Maybe there needs to be a 'scoring on craigslist' thread as what similost said can't be stressed enough. I've been asked a couple of times how I manage to get so much stuff on craigslist, and I do exactly as stated above. In fact, if I can't get something right away I rarely bother unless it's at a price that might drive off the, um, more thifty folk. One thing to add..last week I picked up a pair of speakers and the seller said "yeah, I got about 12 replies but most of the people didn't appear literate, like I'd let those people with the "u still gots em?" emails in my house with my expensive stuff"...so it helps to be polite and upstanding. The phone number in the first email is key..once you talk to somebody it's much harder for them to cross you and sell to a higher bidder. It's easier to just ignore words on a page.

Cheers...I really hope you get them and good luck with it.

True, true...

Bart
 
I just bought another bottle of Feed n' Wax at the 'Depot...maybe it'll be bait for a LaScala score.

LMAO, you guys crack me up!

Bart

OTOH, I better get a bottle or two. I heard JBL's are attracted to that stuff too...:yes: :D
 
LMAO, you guys crack me up!

Bart

OTOH, I better get a bottle or two. I heard JBL's are attracted to that stuff too...:yes: :D

I'd trade my L-100s for a box of Feed n' wax, and get more enjoyment out of it. Doh!

c'mere 'scala 'scala...here 'scala 'scala...got some shine for you.....
 
I'm so glad to see everyone is becoming turned on to Howard's.. I need to see if they sell stock, because I've seen the miracles it's performed.. Not the fake slap you on the forehead and knock you over miracles, but the turned some really crappy looking wood into something your wife would be proud to have miracles..
 
I'm goin' fishing. I hope the 12awg line is thick enough, as these are some really big fish....

IMG_3218.jpg
 
I've got an old pair of JBL 4312A speakers. I can't let them see this photo. :no:

If they're walnut veneer, you better hide 'em. Ewww...I'm throwing this one back.

IMG_3212.jpg


Sorry about the hijack...I'm bored. Go get those LaScalas and tell us how absolutely amazing hey are! The last ones that popped up around here looked like they had a family of mice living in them, and were still around $1000.
 
Back
Top Bottom