• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha M-65 thread

I noticed the M-65 has a plate bond over the bridge rectifier diodes, silver squares next to the transformer. Thought that was interesting. M-60 doesn't have that. Hmmm.
 
Thank you for the praise. Basically the M 60 and M 65 are the same, only the M 65 has minor modifications.

Pavel ;)
Same goes for the M-80/85. The only electrical difference is an on/off switch for the display

M-60/65 makes the same amount of wpc on the bench. As does the M-80/85.
 
Same goes for the M-80/85. The only electrical difference is an on/off switch for the display
M-60/65 makes the same amount of wpc on the bench. As does the M-80/85. <--- 297 wpc into and 8Ω load before clipping.
 
Last edited:
My first chernobyl repair was an M-60. I didn't know my ass from a fuse and used NTE parts to fix the blown channel, lol. It made music. I took it to a local stereo shop anyway to QA the thing and they said all was good at rated power.
I love the front end design on these. Good stuff.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom