I have previously restored a Sansui AU-717 and a AU-919 and both went well. I must really enjoy removing the notorious Sansui glue because I just purchased an AU-719 from a gentleman in Canada. It looks clean and appears to be all original. It powered up normally and came out of protection. I...
A little while ago (Fall, 2020), AK member @Phineas69 brought in a very nice AU-719 for a complete restoration and upgrade.
PART 1: HEAD AMP CIRCUIT BOARD (F-3095)
The F-3095 board contains the Head (Phono) Amplifier for moving magnet cartridges.
Signal Path Components:
In each channel...
Hello All,
I just got my first piece of vintage-type audio equipment (AU-719) The AU-719 works well, no static or other issues. However, there is rust on the back panel (I somehow missed that picture when purchasing), and the thing smells like gasoline, or something similar. I mean, pretty...
Dear Sansui owners, i am here to ask for your valuable help on restoring and recaping a Sansui AU 719. It is my first Sansui amp but even though it had one "dead" chanel and obviously a few more problems i still got impressed and wish to hear what she's really capable of, when properly restored...
I have this amp on my workbench and it went into protect after some time. As per complaint. The thyristor SCR601 was bad. I should have replaced it with a replacement (MCR100) but since this was not present in my tray and there is time pressure I replaced it with a DIY thyristor consisting of an...
My AU-719 has no power outlets on the rear. I only noticed it when I went to plug in a TU-719. A quick google image search turned up one other, in Denmark.
Today I came across a pic of a 919 with no power outlets on the rear. It was also in Denmark.Coincidence ?
They don't appear to be...
I have an AU-719 from an AK member for attention to various small problems - going in to protection now and again, noisy controls, the usual in other words. This will be my third one of these, so I don't expect any surprises. ;)
Check out the shrunken sleeve on the capacitor in the middle. ;)...
Hello everyone, I would appreciate your help:
I have recap my AU 719, all the electrolytic capacitors (except the big ones 12000/63), black flags, components damaged by the glue and zener diodes. No transistor changed at the moment. I tried it and it comes out protection, I adjusted the bias and...
Hello everyone,
I have started to restore a beautiful sansui AU-719, and it seems that someone repaired it without much care. On board F-3101 there is connected a 1000 uF / 50 volts capacitor. Does anyone know why it is there and what function can it have?
The C-615 was replaced by a 220 / 63v...
I have just been bench testing an AU-719 that I reconditioned for an AK member a couple of years ago.
He complained of losing a channel and at first I couldn't find anything wrong, then I found something, if I tapped the left channel (rearmost) Driver PCB it would burst into oscillation, and go...
Hey everyone! long time since I've been here but I recently came into a problem depriving me of my favourite Sansui.
Back in 2013 I recapped my Sansui AU-719 with all new Nichicon, Panasonic and Gold Tune caps. I also replaced the main fuse for the Australian 240V system. Original post here...