• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Celebrating 3 years of sobriety today!

Congrats! I've got 21 years under my belt, wouldn't have it any other way :thmbsp:
One day at a time eh! :)
 
Hey man, good for you. I've cut my drinking down to just a few holidays during the year from pretty much a daily habit.
 
Congratulations to you; well done, and a good inspiration for others (me :thmbsp:)
Keep at it, and enjoy! :banana::banana::banana:

C.
 
Good for you, I was going to say go out and get yourself a gift. But, it looks like you have the Pioneer thing covered in spades, like all day. How about ordering a 180g reissue of something you have a so-so copy of that you really enjoy ?
That's cool your going to pass on some knowledge to your nephew and hope he can see the benefits of a lifefstyle that is grounded. Less mistakes, better decisions follow after some time.
 
Congrats! I'm a retread - 06/17/95 this time around. As someone on AK said, "I had to quit drinking - it makes me too wonderful!".

Now go help someone else.
 
Thanks fellers! It really wasn't that hard once I decided to quit - admitting it was a problem and quitting was the hard part. It looks like I'm going to be moving back to Ohio and I have a nephew that is going through the same thing. Maybe I can help him if and when I get back there. He's in AA right now but I think having some support from me will help him a helluva lot.

you're in for a treat....Ohio AA is pretty kickbutt..remember, that's where it grew up!
 
Con-Grats! "Member when" life without seemed inconceivable? Now it's the other way around isn't it? Just as soon drink bleach. 13 years here. Sincere congrats again.
 
Yay

Congratulations!

Stay with it!

I'm north of 21 years.

It just gets better and better.

More than you can imagine!
 
Congrats! Easy Does It.

My older son and I were reminiscing about his grandmother (my mom) not too long ago. She spent many years in AA and I've been to my share of Alateen meetings.

I reminded Doug that she was sober the last 17 years of her life. He said "That's neat! When did she quit the last time?" I responded: "When she found our your mom was pregnant with you." That stopped him dead in his tracks.

I salute you for your accomplishment.
 
I am at 10 years, hate the smell of the stuff now, don't miss it a bit, I got into it a year ago, and could not drink any more then a glass full, threw the rest away.
 
Back
Top Bottom