• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Genesis Physics Speakers:Model II

It wasn't a complete loss................I just ate him with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!

$210 to get 'original' replacement woofers and passives - sigh!
 
I read through that; very interesting and informative. Thanks.

So here is a close-up of the tweeter front and back.

Also a close up of the back of a 10" passive that is NOW detached from the passive structure because I left the speaker lying on the floor to answer the phone and the dog jumped on it :wtf:

This is turning into something of a nightmare :yes:

The passive is flat and without a spider?
Mine was not like that, it had a normal cone and spider.
 
Yeah, I am figuring these were swapped out probably when the woofers were.

I already have a set of awful sounding vintage Pioneers doing duty as furniture, I can't do that to these! I guess they will have to sit and wait till the money fairy appears :)
 
That passive looks all wrong. Looks like someone invented one out of a foam surround and a piece of cardboard.

The only EPI passive I ever saw had surround, cone, spider, and a little blob of glue or something used to "tune" the passive radiator.
 
Don't write it off as a total loss yet. The passive basket looks right to me (same shape and color as mine, the anodized brown/purple is kind of distinctive) and has a serial number that kind of sounds right "PR-10".

Did we determine that your woofer isn't original? Is the magnet round or square?

Right now you have for sure nice cabinets, crossovers and original tweeters. You're more than halfway there, maybe more.

Have faith man!
 
Woofers are definitely not original and the serial number on the basket for the passive should be SP2N or SP2Y or P250A which are the internal and promotional numbers respectively.

Looking at the humanspeakers website http://www.humanspeakers.com/genesis/parts/014.htm it looks like the passive did resemble a woofer (concave) as has been mentioned earlier. So are these speakers worth spending $210 on? I know, only I can answer that one, right? :)
 
Woofers are definitely not original and the serial number on the basket for the passive should be SP2N or SP2Y or P250A which are the internal and promotional numbers respectively.

Looking at the humanspeakers website http://www.humanspeakers.com/genesis/parts/014.htm it looks like the passive did resemble a woofer (concave) as has been mentioned earlier. So are these speakers worth spending $210 on? I know, only I can answer that one, right? :)

Tough call. But when I fired mine up the first time, they sure sounded like many hundreds of dollars worth of speaker.

Maybe be patient and do some shopping and you'll luck out on some correct parts somewhere. (auction site?).
 
I think they may have Boston Acoustics A70 woofers instead of original Genesis ones. There is a sticker inside that says "A70I/A70THEAWE" and another that says "06/15/90".

Your thoughts on this finding would be welcomed.

That sounds like a Boston woofer, yep.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
That's awesome. Keep us updated, please.

Phew, 31 minutes for a response; that was lucky because my patience had almost run out :D:D

I will of course let you know how things work out.

How well do Genesis II's stack:scratch2: :D

Wife would kill me :yes:
 
Last edited:
Phew, that was lucky because my patience had almost run out :D:D

I will of course let you know how things work out.

How well do Genesis II's stack:scratch2: :D

Wife would kill me :yes:


:lmao: I thought it was incredible good luck to find ONE set in good refoamable condition. STACK? Wow.

Actually, I found the the one set sounded best sitting on top of another set of something else. SO, based on a brief listening period, 2 to 2.5 ft off the ground was a good place for these.

:D
 
Just refoam the passives and give them a rip. Cheap and what do you have to loose? Or block the PR hole and use them without the passives and WITH the BA woofers as they were in a non ported box to begin with and good drivers. Might sound great.

BTW IMHO these are giant killers. Topped a lot of speakers around here. made me also really like the two way with a passive format. I have EV interface 2 and 3's in similar configurations and love those too. These got rotated in the family room system recently offsetting a set of rebuilt BA 150's and i think i like them better.

434703391_pBktr-L.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom