• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Genesis Physics Speakers:Model II

By the way, it looks like the Passives are the EPI replacement from simplyspeakers.com.

The description matched mine exactly.
 
New 10" passives $23...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-494

295-494_s.jpg
 
The tweeter looks like ones from a pair of some Genesis OEM'd speakers I had at one point. The were from a hi fi store in Ct. I think. .. "Fred Loch Stereo" or something like that.

Regards, Steve
 
Absolutely right -- Fred Locke Stereo in Connecticut. I have a pair and I recognized the tweeter, but forgot what the name was, and the speakers are inaccessible right now. Interestingly enough, the Fred Locke versions were actually better built than the standard versions -- better vinyl (no actual veneer), better grill, and protected tweeter. Same wretched push terminals, though.
 
Hey everybody, new here. I've had a pair of 2+s since like 1979 or something and love them. I had to have one tweeter replaced way back when, but they've been okay ever since. And some refoaming on all the other drivers, although I did have one woofer replaced with a new cone, but same magnet, spider, etc. (actually they may have replaced the spider as well). I had SpeakerLab do that since I know the guys at the shop. Might have been a bad idea since I think it may not be coupling with the radiator as well anymore, but then again I've placed them in arguably not a good spot.

Right now I'm looking for a pair of 1+s locally, or maybe something similar from the late '70s (e.g., Smaller Advents). I'm kind of reconstituting my first stereo system around my original BSR turntable that was rescued from my parents' basement.

Thanks for all the good info here.
 
I have Genesis 10's ( similar to 1+ ) and 210's . Wonderful speakers ! Parts for Genesis can also be had at Humanspeakers.com . Huw worked at Genesis back in the day .
 
Well after a generous donation from a member here, my Genesis II's are now returned to original and are sounding very good indeed.

The WAF is huge compared to the big NEAR 80's I had in the sitting room which is also a bonus.
 
Good to see others that enjoy these speakers.I recently acquired a pair of Genesis III's.Big suckers,but they sound great.I ordered a set of replacement mids from Huw,and hope to get them soon,as the mids that are in the cabs now are not originals.I also stumbled upon a pair of Genesis 6's this past saturday.Those need replacement woofers,as they now contain some cheap crap radio shack woofers.Those 6 inch woofers sell for the tune of $125 for 2.OUCH!!! I'll order them soon,and give them a try.
 
Well after a generous donation from a member here, my Genesis II's are now returned to original and are sounding very good indeed.

The WAF is huge compared to the big NEAR 80's I had in the sitting room which is also a bonus.

Great to hear Morris!!!

But.....Where's the pics?????
 
Question on my new/old Genesis V-6: Occasionally when I first turn it on, the tweeter doesn't seem to kick in right away. Might be a volume thing; that is, if I turn it on at low vol and then turn it up, it pops on. But it's not happened enough times to make a definitive diagnosis. Otherwise, it works fine and sounds great.
 
Pictures of the NEARs also, please -- and your opinion of their sound.

Here is a thread with pictures http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=358451&highlight=teaser

I really enjoyed the sound of the NEAR's and couldn't really find much fault with them. They could be a little muddy in midrange on certain songs but that was pretty rare. The bass was nice and tight but had the potential to fill a room.

They are playing duty as my rears in the HT setup as they probably would not match well with the current center channel (Polk C20). I do intend to set them up up front and try them 2 channel with the more powerful amp I have down there (compared to my 5W Maggie upstairs).

I'll post back when that happens.
 
Back
Top Bottom