• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How many of you are getting both the Flu and COVID shots?

Register to hide this ad
Emma had swine flu when she was younger, which turned into Guillame Barre Syndrome (French polio), so she can't get a flu shots (which could trigger a relapse of the polio).
So she gets Covid shot, and I get both. Sept 10th this time around. I was achey and tired for a couple days, then fine afterwards.

The personal Covid shots discussion is here - https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...onal-experience-with-the-covid-vaccine.941969
Not for arguments, but for direct personal experiences only - 48 pages deep.
 
Last edited:
Emma had swine flu when she was younger, which turned into Guillame Barre Syndrome (French polio), so she can't get a flu shots (which could trigger a relapse of the polio).
So she gets Covid shot, and I get both. Sept 10th this time around. I was achey and tired for a couple days, then fine afterwards.

The personal Covid shots discussion is here - https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...onal-experience-with-the-covid-vaccine.941969
Not for arguments, but for direct personal experiences only - 48 pages deep.

Same for me.
1976'ish,.... we lined up to receive the Swine Flu vaccine, via high pressure air injection (drop dead from it painful). The next day, while at school, i was told that I had a crushing headache, and then passed out into a coma that lasted two days in intensive care. When I came back, I had amnesia, and could not remember a thing that happened that day, or the week prior.
My case, resolved itself without any further complications, but I had a world famous brain surgeon for an across the street neighbor, who stayed by my side (at our house) for the first night, and checked in regularly for night two (now four days after injection).
Many people ended up permanently paralyzed from this nightmare vaccine.

Nope, no more vaccines or inoculations for me.
 
Nether for me. Last time I got a flu shot I had the flu 10 days later. That wound up as double pneumonia and being in a ICU on a ventilator. Not saying the vaccine gave me the flu but it didn’t keep me from getting it either. I’m my heart I truly believe that shot nearly killed me. Literally almost dead
 
Took the Covid booster in the spring.
I've never taken a flu shot.
Last time I got the flu was 2011. When I got stuck in an 8 hour road trip with a sick woman.
 
Planning to if can get by a pharmacy any time soon.

EDIT: got them both yesterday afternoon while picking up another prescription.
 
Last edited:
Got the flu shot, always do. Will not be getting the covid shot until January, since I had covid (first time) in July. It was like a moderate cold for two weeks; guessing it could have been worse if I had not been vaxxed. I'm 81, definitely at an age when covid can be severe.
 
I wonder how many of our experiences are coincidental and not due to the shots we did, or didn't, get? We have our personal experiences, but that's a sample-size of one rather than the large cross-section required for a more scientific determination.

Our experience is that my wife and I have been vaccinated against flu and covid for the past five years and have avoided getting sick. Our two adult children and their SO's have not. They all have been sick with flu and each had covid twice. Given the many work-days lost to illness, several thousand dollars of pay were not received.

In someone else's case the opposite may have been what happened. Being old and having received a good scientific background, we're still taking our chances with the needle, until evidence indicates otherwise. YMMV, of course.
 
Back
Top Bottom