• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Internet Explorer security issues : READ

Register to hide this ad
I seen that. Sad part is microshaft seems to think its no big deal. I switched to Firefox about a year ago and I am MUCH happier.
 
Interesting, but a moot point in my case. I've been using Firefox for 2 years now. Maybe that article will encourage those who still use IE to finally switch to FF.
 
I seen that. Sad part is microshaft seems to think its no big deal. I switched to Firefox about a year ago and I am MUCH happier.

AMEN! Been on FF over three years and love it. I didn't think I would like the "tab" feature for multiple window, but changed my mind after using it. Given some time, I'll be on linux distros for my O/S. Microsoft can take a long hike off a short bridge over a canyon.
 
I haven't used IE in so long that it looks foreign to me when I see a screen shot of their current browser design. I've been using Firefox for over 2 years now, and I have yet to regret the decision.
 
Who uses that piece of crap IE anyway? They overcompensate for their lack of awesome every release with more and more bloat. All the while to hackers it's like Christmas all year long.

---oh, by the way, I use IE. I have to. as a web designer, we have to keep designing for the vast majority of the public, who doggedly stick not only to IE, but old versions of IE (6- always ranks #1 in our logs)!!!

Please get with the program, userz uv teh internets. We really, really want to stop dumbing everything down for IE6!!
 
Unfortunately the entire web is not set up for FF yet. Thats why I have several browsers.
 
It gets better

There are so many security holes... avoiding IE is only the beginning. Update everything! Update your Java, Adobe Flash, Acrobat reader. If you're using AVG 7.5 (free), upgrade to 8.0 (free). Update your Firefox. Start using Google Chrome.

I've been fixing A LOT of computers lately.. so be careful, it's a jungle out there! Mac users be careful too! It's only a matter of time till the hackers catch up to you as well. :smoke:

Anybody hear about this?

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/111811

I just dumped IE for Google Chrome until I can check other options out.

RC
 
I used Netscape for browsing and email for years, and recently switched to Firefox. I only use IE when some sites don't load properly on FF.
 
I'm using IE to view this thread.

Livin' life on the edge...

Me too.

I just like that it mostly works without having to find special plug-ins, etc.

The security hole is obviously a bad deal, but I've noticed that FF has new versions come out too.
 
Dropped windows on it's a** when I got my Mac, and I'm using FireFox now (was using it in windows before)...

I'd only use IE if there was no other browser to use. Never once had a problem with websites not loading in the 2 years that I have been using FireFox in both Windows and Mac.
 
There are so many security holes... avoiding IE is only the beginning. Update everything! Update your Java, Adobe Flash, Acrobat reader. If you're using AVG 7.5 (free), upgrade to 8.0 (free). Update your Firefox. Start using Google Chrome.

I've been fixing A LOT of computers lately.. so be careful, it's a jungle out there! Mac users be careful too! It's only a matter of time till the hackers catch up to you as well. :smoke:

Good Post... At home I keep very current, but at work, it's a different sotry what we can and can't use... BUT.. it keeps me employed...

I just cleaned up two machines this week infected with Vundo that McCrappy let past it... I sure wished we would use a different AV here.. BUT.. like I said, it keeps me employed..
 
Yes.

They should have a patch ready tonight by early evening.

Increase the Security level to high in IE, and log in as a user with limited privileges until then.

. . Falcon
 
Increase the Security level to high in IE, and log in as a user with limited privileges until then.

. . Falcon


Um.. yeah.. right.. I'm sure most common users would have any idea how to set the security level, much less set up a limited user account..
 
Back
Top Bottom