• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Internet Explorer security issues : READ

I tried Chrome Beta and it did some things quite nicely but lacked some basic features. I understand it has come out of Beta so I may download it. What's one more browser. I prefer Sea Monkey over FF. For old Netscape lovers it may be a better alternative than FF as it is a continuation of Mozilla rather than the FF branch. It seems less bloated than FF which is a rather strange thing as FF was written b/c the claim was Mozilla was too bloated.
 
Thanks for your reply Gary (Reel 2 Reel) - I see from your reply that you are a lot more clued up than most.

I hope no offence taken - none was intended.

John
 
Interesting about your experience with SP2. My old desktop used to speed with SP1 but after deciding to reinstall it for the business last year, I did a fresh install and upgrade. Updated the memory to the max the board allows for the 1 gig strips to 2 gigs and reinstalled everything I use in the office. Part of the fresh intall included update to SP2 and then SP3. It would not work with SP3 at all so rolled back to 2. Stripped down the startup files through msconfig to only those needed as well as the processes. Total install including data is only about 50 gigs out of a 250 gig drive and I've got a dedicated fixed 2gig swap space rather than using dynamic. The computer has been dragging and I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why as most of the apps were used when I used the computer several years ago for the business. Updated apps are things like the tax software, Paperport, etc. Nothing really new. Never thought about SP2 being the possible culprit. I'll have to check my apps to see if they require SP2. If not maybe I'll try to move back to SP1.

Funny. When I upgraded the iBook from 10.4.9 to 10.5 the computer actually used fewer resources and speeded up and last night I updated to 10.5.6 that has just been released and again a speed up in use though startup and shutdown seems a bit slower. Been learning myself about the underlying BSD of OS X and got X11 running as well as FINK and got GnuCash and a game mounted. Fink works with Debian so there is a whole world out there for Mac OS X users that can be tapped. I was thinking Mac was sort of an odd man out system but now, I'm finding that it encompasses possibly the best of Linux as well. It is a shame that Apple does not push this more.
 
I installed Firefox this morning and am lovin' it so far.

Well damn! A spell checker!

Maybe I'll try this Google Chrome thing too.
 
I installed Firefox this morning and am lovin' it so far.

Well damn! A spell checker!

Maybe I'll try this Google Chrome thing too.

It's working fine for me (Chrome) but like people are saying, It's not chock full of features.

That works well for me because I'm not chock full of features either.

RC
 
Back
Top Bottom