• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

It's Oscar Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out about this on BBC world news lat last night. According to the BBC reporter there was some history here. He reported that for the 2016 Oscars Jada said she was boycotting them. Chris's joke then was that she was boycotting the Oscars for the same reason he was boycotting Rihanna's panties - he wasn't invited. Mr. Smith was an idiot to do what he did. In light of last night's incident I'd like to go back and listen to his interview on NPR (Fresh Air) with Terry Gross (I believe).
So I did go back and listen to that Fresh Air episode. Interviewed was not Terry Gross, it was Tanya Mosley. In the interview Will Smith says he always thought he was a coward because at the age of 9 his father, who was abusive towards his mother, beat her and he (Will) did nothing. No excuse whatsoever for what he did at the Oscars, but it is telling as to what his mindset may have been Sunday night. The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole thing is that I listened to the BBC news hour expecting to hear some in-depth reporting on the situation in Ukraine and instead the slap was the leading story.
 
Anybody else think the whole Will Smith/Chris Rock thing was staged in order to generate a little interest in what has been a flagging Oscars show for the last decade or so?

You mean like the Janet Jackson "Wardrobe Malfunction" during the 04 Superbowl? I always thought "Nipplegate" was staged, and I wouldn't be surprised if "the bitchslap heard round the world" was too :thumbsup:
 
Since my movie loving friend and riding partner became ill and eventually passed, its been a while since we've been out to "the pictures".
The Oscars presentations have been a way for us to keep up with films considered standouts, outside of friends' recommendations and reviews on NPR. I've always enjoyed a good story well told, thats what its about for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom