• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

At an artist's estate. He made the bus into a guest house.

View attachment 3766735
View attachment 3766736

I dig repurposed vehicles made into homes. :thumbsup:

Looks like a cross between a Dodge Charger and a Kia, yes.

Regards,
Gordon.

LOL! I had that post quoted and I was just getting set to say the EXACT same thing! :rflmao: Stole my thunder. :thumbsup: As a side note: I'm a Mopar guy at heart, but the new "Charger" is an absolute abomination, in more ways than one. It's hideous.
 
Edited because I just reread post 4,045 and it says "The James Dean and the 904" (not that James Dean raced in a 904). Anyway.

James Dean raced in a 1955 Porsche 356 Super Speedster and a 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder Nicknamed "Little Bastard." He died in a highway accident in 1955 while driving the 550 to a race at Laguna Seca.

Picture from the Internet of James Dean with Little Bastard.
View attachment 3772834

From the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen.
View attachment 3772841
(Side note, Porsche derived its sub-brands "Carrera" and "Panamera" from the above race.


View attachment 3772830

View attachment 3772831


The 904 Carrara GTS was released in 1963. This one is in the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen. It is not a Spyder and features a Kamm Tail.

View attachment 3772822

View attachment 3772805



View attachment 3772802

Here's one in corral parking at the 2023 Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca.

View attachment 3772811

My pictures (except for the 1st one) and not my cars.
My friend bought a Beck 550 replica. That has got to be one of the most fun car to track. It's so low, it makes my S2000 seem like an SUV. laughing tears emoji (smallest).jpg

b74d10aa-3c6f-452d-a6c0-a8fd12ef1f60.jpg




a33665f5-45a6-48c6-bd33-3b1c67fbc76a.jpg

It currently has a built 2.2-liter 911S engine in it.
 
My friend bought a Beck 550 replica. That has got to be one of the most fun car to track. It's so low, it makes my S2000 seem like an SUV. View attachment 3776255

b74d10aa-3c6f-452d-a6c0-a8fd12ef1f60.jpg




a33665f5-45a6-48c6-bd33-3b1c67fbc76a.jpg

It currently has a built 2.2-liter 911S engine in it.
That Beck 550 is just.... Wow!

I'd love a 904 one day... Be it a Beck or any of the other replica's.
904 vs Cayman.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ran across this today:

"Petersen Engineering 'Dartmoor' Coupe
This exceptional car is meticulously crafted on a 1950 Bentley chassis, showcasing a powerful Rolls 6.5 Litre engine, paired with a Bentley S2 Continental rear axle and gearbox for optimal performance.

The body of the car is testament to our original design drawing inspiration from the elegant streamliners that captivated audiences in the late 1930s."

Petersen Engineering Dartmoor Coupe Blue.jpg
Petersen Engineering Dartmoor Coupe Alu.jpg
 
I was once looking to restore a 356SC. Those days are gone, too.
Yeah... A Cayman is in the realm of possibillities here. Even (nice) 944's are too much € nowadays...

Saw a beautiful gen 1 Lotus Exprit zip by the other day, looked up prices and then wept...
A Lotus Elise/Opel Speedster (built by Lotus, and a pretty interesting engine if you bolt a supercharger to the 2.2) is very much a possibility here though.
 
Yeah... A Cayman is in the realm of possibillities here. Even (nice) 944's are too much € nowadays...

Saw a beautiful gen 1 Lotus Exprit zip by the other day, looked up prices and then wept...
A Lotus Elise/Opel Speedster (built by Lotus, and a pretty interesting engine if you bolt a supercharger to the 2.2) is very much a possibility here though.
Everyone seems to be into restorations these days. It drives up the price of everything. Used cars, NOS parts, and quality body work.

I know guys who spend a ton of time and money on their restos — that the final car ends up a garage queen. The only time it gets driven is to bi-monthly car-and-coffee events.

:(
 
Everyone seems to be into restorations these days. It drives up the price of everything. Used cars, NOS parts, and quality body work.

I know guys who spend a ton of time and money on their restos — that the final car ends up a garage queen. The only time it gets driven is to bi-monthly car-and-coffee events.

:(
Same here.

..I just want to rip through Germany and take on the Alps on 4 wheels every now and then.
 
I think you mean 550 Spyder replica. The sheet metal fan shroud is the most obvious giveaway. That is not a 135hp Furhman 4-Cam.
View attachment 3772645


The Beck 550's are super-convincing even up close in real-life (usually the interior/dash gauges -- which are typically the proper green but still look like modern recreations rather than vintage gauges -- are the giveaways). A friend of mine had a Beck 550 with a 2.0 liter VW engine that was tuned for about 150hp. I drove it -- his car wasn't sorted, the shift linkage was not properly aligned and the engine wasn't running perfectly, but it was still a hoot to drive. The Beck's are an amazing value in my opinion -- you could never drive a real 550 on the street for regular use given the value -- but the Beck would be worry-free with maybe 80% of the enjoyment of the real thing. If I had a real 550, I'd probably still own a Beck for street use.
 
Pretty cool movie clip of a Fiat Dino driven in anger -- from the 1969 movie "Paranoia"

Trivia Question: Stop the video when it's off the cliff at the end and try to figure out what car they actually crashed. Don't look at the comments -- the answer is there. I was able to figure it out from stopping the video, before seeing the comment. It's a pretty distinctive, though somewhat obscure, car.

 
The Beck 550's are super-convincing even up close in real-life (usually the interior/dash gauges.
bd351244-ee34-4215-9d05-4cb1882ee701.jpg

His original gauges and steering wheel (I think they're NOS stock). He changed the wheel, for sure, after he started tracking.

I'm not sure if he upgraded the tach for the 911 redline specs. He's modified the Beck a lot. It's a good starting point to do these kinds of things.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom