• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Official AK fishing thread

Father/Son annual fishing opener in Northern MN
9 of us so this is a sample from 2 out of 4 boats after a half day, no limit laws were broken. We threw back the fat females with eggs no matter how big. We ate good! and brought home enough for a few meals
Mostly Crappie, but we caught a lot of Northerns from 36" down to hammer handles, a few nice walleye, Smallmouth, Largemouth (season is closed on those) and some Bluegill
Conditions were tough, steady 17 to 25 mile an hour winds and 90*F. Weird for this time of year up close to Canada
I have never been so glad to have a trolling motor with spot lock as I was on Sunday and Monday





2025 crappie1.png2025 crappie2.png
 
Our boat finally arrived at the dealers, it's been winter here so we weren't worried it took them a while to get it for us as we're old and wouldn't care to go out on the lake freezing our butts off. My wife and I are excited, they just have to put the 25hp 4 stroke Yamaha elec start motor on it, install the fishfinder, put seats in it and have it registered and we're ready to go.

Boat1.jpegBoat2.jpeg
 
I need to get out before mid May, that’s when my senior license will expire. The old five dollar fee has jumped to $32, so I may sit out the rest of the year after that.
 
I need to get out before mid May, that’s when my senior license will expire. The old five dollar fee has jumped to $32, so I may sit out the rest of the year after that.
Virginia is free after 65. Maryland should be too.
Looks like there's a $12 licence available for a year that allows any and all fishing, tidal and non tidal.
Md and Va have gotten out of hand with taxes and fees.
 
Virginia is free after 65. Maryland should be too.
Looks like there's a $12 licence available for a year that allows any and all fishing, tidal and non tidal.
Md and Va have gotten out of hand with taxes and fees.
I don't know for sure if it's still the same, but when I lived in Florida, if you had a valid FL dl you didn't need a license to fish the shorelines..
And if you paid a daily fee to fish a pier, or on a boat(charter), no license was required.. it's been awhile since I was a resident, so things may have changed..
It's also been awhile since I've been fishing, I'm gonna change that this year(here in Oklahoma)
I usually catch and release, but I do like the taste of crappie..
Certain lakes have their own daily fee on top of a state license, but I can avoid those if I choose..
 
Afternoon fishing, not so good. Only 3
Next day early a.m. much better. No bragging rights but the big spawners go back. Table fare, Walleye and Sauger
That’s a nice crappy thought. The walleye and pike open here in northern Ontario on May 01/26 on the big water inland lakes don’t open until May 15/26 the ice just left the inland lakes only a few days ago with some calm back bays still covered in ice
 
That’s a nice crappy thought. The walleye and pike open here in northern Ontario on May 01/26 on the big water inland lakes don’t open until May 15/26 the ice just left the inland lakes only a few days ago with some calm back bays still covered in ice

That’s a nice crappy thought. The walleye and pike open here in northern Ontario on May 01/26 on the big water inland lakes don’t open until May 15/26 the ice just left the inland lakes only a few days ago with some calm back bays still covered in ice
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4729.jpeg
    IMG_4729.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4731.jpeg
    IMG_4731.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4730.jpeg
    IMG_4730.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4954.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 4
  • Resized_20230814_213243.jpeg
    Resized_20230814_213243.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8001.jpeg
    IMG_8001.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 5725724854265198479.jpeg
    5725724854265198479.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom