• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Sorry.... I did drive her back and forth to school.

Nothing much juicier than that. Oh yeah, she did have super long, straight hair. Down to her butt. Oh, and the other thing — she didn't have access to a car. :idea:

d2f0364c-7544-4667-ad8c-0bc8f7b68e08.gif
Ok, we're making progress. Driving her back and forth to school, and she had super long, straight hair down to her, ahh, rear. So we have cute, long straight hair, and her rear, as well as... and this might be relevant... no access to a car. For discussion, is there an unrequited something operating. She has entered your dreams and you are considering, innocently, of course, stalking her online. Looking her up might reveal she has been having dreams about you. Now that would be interesting.
 
I had a dream about an old HS girlfriend last month, strangely enough I found out she died the very next night from a long battle with ovarian cancer. She lived a state away and I hadn't seen her since 1978. There is some weird stuff going on in this world that I can't wrap my head around... maybe she had sent me a final goodbye?
You never know, very credible stories abound that have no natural explanation.
 
She has entered your dreams and you are considering, innocently, of course, stalking her online. Looking her up might reveal she has been having dreams about you. Now that would be interesting.
I really don't feel it's that logical. Let's say there have been more than a few cute females I've gone to burger joints with. Why her in the dream? :idea:

Only the neurotransmitters know for sure.

But thanks for the hypotheses! :)
 
Ok, we're making progress. Driving her back and forth to school, and she had super long, straight hair down to her, ahh, rear. So we have cute, long straight hair, and her rear, as well as... and this might be relevant... no access to a car. For discussion, is there an unrequited something operating. She has entered your dreams and you are considering, innocently, of course, stalking her online. Looking her up might reveal she has been having dreams about you. Now that would be interesting.
You know, this topic jogged a memory ;). When I was in college, a neurophysiology team researched dreams and their origins.

They postulated that the randomness of dreams arose from the way the brain recycles short-lived neurotransmitters. After a day of consciousness, your brain has an excess amount of these key-and-lock building blocks. The brain moves these around, uses them, and recycles them in a nearly random fashion. Old memories or disconnected thoughts are activated, and the brain tries to make a story from these unrelated connections.
 
I really don't feel it's that logical. Let's say there have been more than a few cute females I've gone to burger joints with. Why her in the dream? :idea:

Only the neurotransmitters know for sure.

But thanks for the hypotheses! :)
The end of logical is where it gets interesting about the why her among the cute females you've gone to burger joints with. You could look her up, bet she'd find it curious.
 
You know, this topic jogged a memory ;). When I was in college, a neurophysiology team researched dreams and their origins.

They postulated that the randomness of dreams arose from the way the brain recycles short-lived neurotransmitters. After a day of consciousness, your brain has an excess amount of these key-and-lock building blocks. The brain moves these around, uses them, and recycles them in a nearly random fashion. Old memories or disconnected thoughts are activated, and the brain tries to make a story from these unrelated connections.
Who said dreams are random.
 
The end of logical is where it gets interesting about the why her among the cute females you've gone to burger joints with. You could look her up, bet she'd find it curious.
Yeah. I have no idea. I have thought about a few old GFs on and off over the years. But not her.

9cbb2636-89a8-43bd-9cae-5ac44bd1a5dc.gif
 
Last edited:
Yeah. I have no idea. I have thought about a few old GFs on and off over the years. But not her.

9cbb2636-89a8-43bd-9cae-5ac44bd1a5dc.gif

Personally, I've always been attracted to how the brain works, and tried to keep up with the research on memory and the working of this part of the human condition. And with your re-surfacing of that "old GF", she's been on the "back-burner", along with the others who had a place in your memory banks. However, either in your conscious mind, or when in one of your sleep levels, you some how conjured her up, perhaps by some stimulus that you weren't even aware of.

We all have the ability to remember, with some who have a higher capacity to do so than others. Just be thankful that you've remembered only the few, as some of the others might not have been as enjoyable as the one who, "drove the car".

Be content that you are not...hyperthymic! Having this mental affliction can be either a "cage of the past" or a "passport for the future"!

Q
 
Last edited:
Personally, I've always been attracted to how the brain works, and tried to keep up with the research on memory and the working of this part of the human condition. And with your re-surfacing of that "old GF", she's been on the "back-burner", along with the others who had a place in your memory banks. However, either in your conscious mind, or when in one of your sleep levels, you some how conjured her up, perhaps by some stimulus that you weren't even aware of.

We all have the ability to remember, with some who have a higher capacity to do so than others. Just be thankful that you've remembered only the few, as some of the others might not have been as enjoyable as the one who, "drove the car".

Be content that you are not...hyperthymic! Having this mental affliction can be either a "cage of the past" or a "passport for the future"!

Q
One thing that works for me when I can't think of a word or a name is to sit back, take a deep breath, and relax — it will sometimes come to me.

Like the song's name or the group's name is on the "tip of my tongue." If I try too hard to remember, the answer seems to get further away. But if I change what I'm doing, even while I'm going to Google to try to find the name, it comes to me before I search.

It's really interesting how the brain works. :)
 
Last edited:
Personally, I've always been attracted to how the brain works, and tried to keep up with the research on memory and the working of this part of the human condition. And with your re-surfacing of that "old GF", she's been on the "back-burner", along with the others who had a place in your memory banks. However, either in your conscious mind, or when in one of your sleep levels, you some how conjured her up, perhaps by some stimulus that you weren't even aware of.

We all have the ability to remember, with some who have a higher capacity to do so than others. Just be thankful that you've remembered only the few, as some of the others might not have been as enjoyable as the one who, "drove the car".

Be content that you are not...hyperthymic! Having this mental affliction can be either a "cage of the past" or a "passport for the future"!

Q
Thankful for only remembering the few... Hell, I remember all of them, not always on demand but usually, if I want to, do a 'search'. We're having fun here but, mental affliction, no, just a bit of departmentalization, all of which are cages. The stimulus that one is not aware of is the place to look, examine, rather than dismiss, it will, might lead to other unexamined influences working on and through a matrix that is more revealing than any one example. Hyperthymic, sounds healthy, a mark of genuine curiosity, not a diagnosis, a compartment with a definition to keep it in place, a wall. Curiosity acknowledges but knows no compartments, patterns arise, commonalities across the whole in an ever expanding journey of discovery. Life, consciousness, the state of being, is wonderful with endless possibilities limited and empowered by imagination. It seems ironic, in a material world information seems to have the most weight yet has no physical properties to measure. A CD with an expensive program loaded onto it weighs the same as a blank disc.
 
Two souls trying to connect
I think that makes a lot of sense to me. I think most of biology is NOT random activity. It all has a purpose....you know, knee bone connected to the hip bone, and all that. Why would Nature provide useless or random activity for the brain? It doesn't jive with the rest of the massive chemical precision happening in the body.

First, there is no doubt anymore that "sixth sense" phenomena are genuine human experience. Once you open that door, there are many explanations for dreams - and I see no reason why it might not include a form of "remote entanglement" between souls. In life you make contact with someone - even if it is just for an afternoon - 50 years later you have a dream involving that contact, and for all you know, they are having the reciprocal dream. You remembered it when waking up, they may have, or they may have not remembered even dreaming it.

We know a lot about the LEAST interesting aspects of the brain - the chemical reactions. We admit to knowing almost nothing at all about the MOST important aspect of the brain - the ability to "tap into (communicate with) spirit realms where all the souls are located." The human population once knew a great deal about that realm, but when SCIENCE took hold as the #1 guiding philosophy of humanity, only materialism mattered, and all the rest has been forgotten. You want to hear from people with experience with MDMA, or Ayahuasca to glimpse all the possibilities. Sadly, these people's experience is meaningless to the scientific ruling class..
 
Back
Top Bottom