• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega Owner's Thread

I just aquired a Moth OEM= AKA RB250 when I just purchased a VPI HW-19JR and was thinking about doing the Origin Live upgrade to it- any recommendations on what I should have them upgrade? Let them go the whole nine yards on it?

I like what you did with your P3. Did the wood trim and spiked feet change the sound of the P3? For the better?..............:thmbsp:
 
Here is my Rega P25. It has been updated with the Groovetracer subplatter which I strongly recommend, and I'm debating the 24V motor upgrade. Otherwise, it is all stock. It currently mounts a Denon DL-103R. Sometimes, I swap in my Origin Live Silver Mk.2 currently mounted with an Ortofon 2M Bronze.

I love options!
 

Attachments

  • Rega P25.jpg
    Rega P25.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 103
  • OL Silver.jpg
    OL Silver.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 106
Here is my Rega P25. It has been updated with the Groovetracer subplatter which I strongly recommend, and I'm debating the 24V motor upgrade. Otherwise, it is all stock. It currently mounts a Denon DL-103R. Sometimes, I swap in my Origin Live Silver Mk.2 currently mounted with an Ortofon 2M Bronze.

I love options!

That's a beauty!
 
Curious, any Audiomods or other modded Rega arm users here?

ADMSTN.jpg

(wonder if Audiomods really ships it like this btw; http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicarch/4772327583/sizes/m/in/photostream/ )

Ps no Rega gear here at the moment, but I enjoy seeing yours and listening to it at dealers. ;)

Good Lord Man! How many rounds per second does that thing shoot? Beautiful arm, what carts have you tried with it?
 
I just purchased an RP1 as my entry back into vinyl, amplified by a vintage Marantz receiver. I love it but wonder if I need a phono pre amp? It sounds fantastic except for a light hiss that comes through on the left channel at higher volumes. I think it is the receiver but wanted to get a more informed opinion. Thanks in advance.
 
I just purchased an RP1 as my entry back into vinyl, amplified by a vintage Marantz receiver. I love it but wonder if I need a phono pre amp? It sounds fantastic except for a light hiss that comes through on the left channel at higher volumes. I think it is the receiver but wanted to get a more informed opinion. Thanks in advance.

It's probably the receiver, but if possible try it in another receiver. My RP1 has no hiss.

Welcome to AK.
 
Many thanks, and will do. I need to clean the RCA and speaker connectors also on the receiver. Great to be here! :D
 
I have a P25 that I am fond of. I recently upgraded to the Groove Tracer sub-platter and Delrin platter. It took my P25 up a few levels....
 
I took delivery last weekend on a P5, and I'm loving it. I traded in my P3-24, and had the dealer move the Benz Ace (about ~250 hours on it) over to the new deck, while waiting for a new Benz Wood on order. I also picked up the external power supply TT-PSU and the white belt upgrade.

gg002.jpg
 
I took delivery last weekend on a P5, and I'm loving it. I traded in my P3-24, and had the dealer move the Benz Ace (about ~250 hours on it) over to the new deck, while waiting for a new Benz Wood on order. I also picked up the external power supply TT-PSU and the white belt upgrade.

gg002.jpg

Very nice indeed!
 
I will probably need to replace my Rega's belt in the near future, can some-one explain this "white belt" thing, is it the color that makes a difference or is it made of some magic substance....I'm being serious here, but i just don't get it.
 
Very nice indeed!

thanks Art. :music:

I will probably need to replace my Rega's belt in the near future, can some-one explain this "white belt" thing, is it the color that makes a difference or is it made of some magic substance....I'm being serious here, but i just don't get it.

I haven't done any comparisons and have not heard the explanation for not including the upgrade belt as standard equipment. I don't know about magic substance but it does sound like with the ultra-pure rubber they are in limited supply - description from the Needledoctor site:

The White Belt is made from a new type of rubber; this ultra-pure rubber doesn't have any dyes in it, hence the white color. This new material is smoother and stronger than the standard drive belt, Rega claims the White Belt is the most accurate drive belt they have ever produced, one that guarantees precision and improved motor control.

Sonic improvements include refined pitch, tighter percussion, reduced wow, effortless vocals and instrumental melodies, and organic bass response. The improvement is noticeable and immediate. See for yourself!

My local dealer says it is a noticeable improvement, and based on my past experience with his recommendation or non-recommendations - that's good enough for me.
 
I've used the white belt for about a year now. I noticed a very big improvement in all aspects of sound > BTW, it's on a p1 with a glass platter - currently using a Nagaoka MP110 cart. The white belt is more pliable/stretchy than the stock black; also, it doesn't slide through my fingers as smoothly as the black > has kind of a "sticky" feel to it. There was recently a discussion about the white belt on the Vinyl Engine site.
 
Back
Top Bottom