• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega Owner's Thread

I love the DL-103 / Rega combo. I've read they are not a good match, but that has not been my experience at all. I have had the R, 301 II, and several higher priced..(well more than several) carts and have really settled into the 103, enough so that I sold all other carts and bought a back-up 103. I should be good for another 15 or so years....:thmbsp: It simply sounds right to me...:yes:

I'll have to try my Denon on my modded RB300. FWIW, the incognito wiring and Expressimo end stub/counterweight make a night and day difference on a Rega arm.
 
I love the DL-103 / Rega combo. I've read they are not a good match, but that has not been my experience at all. I have had the R, 301 II, and several higher priced..(well more than several) carts and have really settled into the 103, enough so that I sold all other carts and bought a back-up 103. I should be good for another 15 or so years....:thmbsp: It simply sounds right to me...:yes:
Send your backup DL-103 to Zu Audio for their treatment. Trust me, it's worth it :yes:

I'm with you, I could probably live happily with this cart for the rest of my life. I'm too much of a tinkerer to leave well enough alone, but there will always be some form of 103 in my house.
 
My Rega Planar 2 is about 12 years old and going strong. The mods are the Incognito Rewire, Michell Technoweight, DeepGroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Ringmat mat and two Rega feet and one RDC cone.

Mods that did not work to my ears was the Funk Firm Achroplat.

I am currently using a Grado Sonata Statement phono cartridge. I do not use the Rega alignment but the Baerwald alignment using my MoFi Geodisc. The Incognito wiring harness is continuous wire from the cartridge clips to the RCA's that plug into my Simaudio Moon 110LP phono preamp. I am using the very good Welborne Lab's power supply which kicked up the performance of the 110LP.

The Michell Technoweight lowered counterweight has improved trackability and reduced surface noise. Using low output phono carts I am glad I had the arm rewired. The original wiring of my RB 250 used different thicknesses of wire and had several solder joints for the signal to pass through. My thinking is that the low level signal arrives intact at the phono preamp.

I would one day like to compare my modded table with a stock Rega. I saved all the original parts but have no interest in returning it to original status.
 
I'll have to try my Denon on my modded RB300. FWIW, the incognito wiring and Expressimo end stub/counterweight make a night and day difference on a Rega arm.

I am looking into one of these counterweight options....they sound like a great addition..:thmbsp:
 
The P7 is such an amazing table. The strobing effect of the platter spinning used to bug me a bit, but you do get used to it. And it is do worth it for the music that comes out.
 
I do miss my P7 but am more than pleased with the P9. The power supply alone is the same chassis as Rega's amplifiers.
 
I do miss my P7 but am more than pleased with the P9. The power supply alone is the same chassis as Rega's amplifiers.

Yes, the P9 is just amazing. I only had it for a few months, but what an enjoyable experience. Sweetest table I ever heard. And not by a small margin.
 
Planar 2 w/ upgrades

My new to me Planar 2 with GT Reference Subplatter; Michael Lim VTA Spacer; Aluminum feet; Counterweight + Stub; P2 motor upgrade; Tonearm re-wired with 10/44 AWG LITZ. The cartridge is an AT152LP/ATN140LC combo. My first Rega and definitely not my last. :thmbsp:
 
So of the guys on here who have changed the original motor on their Planar 3's for the 24v motor what was your verdict - worthwhile gains for the outlay?
 
Dw i eisiau un! Well, eventually. (I had to post that using the little Welsh I know, because Rega is British. And who am I kidding, English is boring!)


Ben aka MacKat
 
So of the guys on here who have changed the original motor on their Planar 3's for the 24v motor what was your verdict - worthwhile gains for the outlay?


If you have the original loose mounted motor it is an excellent upgrade. I upgraded the Planar 2 and the improvements are so obvious and well worth the dollars spent. I did have a few installation problems with my 14 year old Planar 2 that I talk about in this thread.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=438866&highlight=rega+motor+upgrade

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=441790&highlight=rega+motor+upgrade

I next purchased the Rega TT PSU and while a more subtle improvement was also worth the money. I have really kicked up the performance of my ttable.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=448772&highlight=rega+motor+upgrade
 
Need Help with Missing Rega TT Part

I was cleaning up my really nice condition vintage P2 today and when I went to put the glass platter back onto the sub platter I noticed that it wasn't fitting properly. Looking at the bottom of the platter there seems to be a piece missing that couples the platter to the sub platter. I scoured the area and still have not been able to locate it. Not even sure what the part looks like that is missing. Can anybody help me to identify the part and point me in the right direction to find a replacement? See attached pic of where missing part should go...
 

Attachments

  • P1020118.jpg
    P1020118.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 79
  • P1020121.jpg
    P1020121.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom