• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega Owner's Thread


Holy smokes, Frank! Very nice indeed.

For those who have been wary of the Rega White Belt...you are not alone. I'll be go straight to hell if I was going to spend $59 on a white rubber band...wrong answer!

So I figured what the heck after all even he (http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/2011/08/famous-white-belt-from-rega.html) said it might be worth a try. It is really everything that has been written about it. Don't forget that a replacement crappy black belt is a bloated $39..ridiculous...so why not buy something that really can turn turn poop to gold. Give it a try, it's very effective and it ain't subtle!
 
I've had mine for about a year and used the logic of why not a gamble on another $20 for the white if I was paying $39 for the black. I've never regretted it.
 
I would be interested in knowing what the sonic differences between the standard glass, and Groovetracer acrylic and Delrin platters are.
 
I would be interested in knowing what the sonic differences between the standard glass, and Groovetracer acrylic and Delrin platters are.

Same here. I think somebody said the three contact points on the Reference sub-platter are made Delrin. So if I'm getting the Delrin platter why not get the Deluxe sub-platter.:confused:
 
Same here. I think somebody said the three contact points on the Reference sub-platter are made Delrin. So if I'm getting the Delrin platter why not get the Deluxe sub-platter.:confused:

I went for the Deluxe subplatter even though I was keeping the original glass platter. It wasn't about the money...I just didn't feel like the Delrin contact points were going to be the solution I'd prefer. I thought about the acrylic and Delrin platter options and decided against those, too...again, not because of the money. It seems to stray too far from the original concept of my P5 for me.
 
What would I gain?

I have a Rega P3-24 with the Groovetracer Sub Platter, the new white belt, and the TTPSU.

If I go to a P5 what do I gain?

I guess I could take the Groovetracer off the P3 and put it on the P5 and use the white belt.

Is the arm, or motor that much better between the two?

Thanks
 
I have a Rega P3-24 with the Groovetracer Sub Platter, the new white belt, and the TTPSU.

Thats my exact setup as well. I've not had a desire to upgrade to the P5. I'm thinking if I ever did and upgrade I'd go for the P7. But I'm very happy with the P3-24 and those upgrades.
 
I have a Rega P3-24 with the Groovetracer Sub Platter, the new white belt, and the TTPSU.

If I go to a P5 what do I gain?

I guess I could take the Groovetracer off the P3 and put it on the P5 and use the white belt.

Is the arm, or motor that much better between the two?

Thanks

You gain a far better arm. The RB 301 is not the best creation of Gandy and folks. When I owned the the P3-24 I felt that that arm was far less well done than the one on my P32000. Interestingly I feel that the arm on the RP1has tighter tolerances. Stephen Mejias of Stereophile had a similar feeling. The new RB303 is said to be a far superior arm to the RB301.
 
Last edited:
I went for the Deluxe subplatter even though I was keeping the original glass platter. It wasn't about the money...I just didn't feel like the Delrin contact points were going to be the solution I'd prefer. I thought about the acrylic and Delrin platter options and decided against those, too...again, not because of the money. It seems to stray too far from the original concept of my P5 for me.

You know Bob that's right. Sometimes with upgrades I get too far away from the original engineering.:yes:
 
AO_rb250_1024.jpg



James H

Could you please post a picture of your Rega with the lid closed?
BTW very nice frame! :thmbsp:
 
P3-2000, Rega MC head amp, Denon DL-103.....love this combo....:yes:
 

Attachments

  • 100_1128.jpg
    100_1128.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1125.jpg
    100_1125.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 99
Very nice, Bill. How do you like that Denon 103 on the Rega arm? I have a Denon 103R that is sitting in the box. Can't decide to keep or sell.
 
Very nice, Bill. How do you like that Denon 103 on the Rega arm? I have a Denon 103R that is sitting in the box. Can't decide to keep or sell.

I love the DL-103 / Rega combo. I've read they are not a good match, but that has not been my experience at all. I have had the R, 301 II, and several higher priced..(well more than several) carts and have really settled into the 103, enough so that I sold all other carts and bought a back-up 103. I should be good for another 15 or so years....:thmbsp: It simply sounds right to me...:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom