• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Another EL84 push pull , from Raphaelite:

index.php
 
I built this about 2 years ago and it is still one of my favorites. It is a SE Pentode 6V6 or 6L6 with a 6SL7 driver. This one I call the Blue Bomber Amp as it is sporting 2 5992 a 5692 driver and a 6106 rectifier. All those tubes were used in guided missles and other post WW2 aeronautical applications . Power is about 4 watts/channel. The critical power supply is LCLC with all film caps. The sound is smooth but dynamic, frequency response is extended with excellent bass. The output transformers are made in Switzerland by Revox.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05283.JPG
    DSC05283.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC05288.JPG
    DSC05288.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC05289.JPG
    DSC05289.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 186
Budgie EL-84/12AX7. SEUL.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Started out as a Magnavox 8600 but applied Dave G's mods to it and the amp was transformed. I really like this little guy, seems to punch a bit above its weight class. Great sound at 4 wpc running into Klipsch Chorus speaks.

TgBvhkC.jpg
 
Last edited:
I started by trying to revamp old tube amps with limited success but decided scratch building made more sense which it did. This is my first tube amp 45/2a3. It works great no hum no sparks no fire :banana:

sss.jpg


IMG_6741.JPG
Do you mind to share the schematic?
 
This flea needed washed. It's ready to go back into the console. This amp is all original except for the GE tube, and is so quiet I thought it was broken when I first brought up the voltage.

DSCF2751.jpg

DSCF2753.jpg
 
This is the flea-power amp I created. Because of the flea-power, it can be powered by a tube regulated (stable) power supply consisting of a PCL82 as driver regulator and 85A2 as voltage reference. Tube stabilized power supply's don't need a lot of capacity for ripple rejection and therefor I managed to make this amp electrolytic caps. It is completely constructed using foil caps. Pre-amp tubes are EF86 and the end stage has EL95 tubes, this last set up was inspired by the legendary AG9016. The amplifier has no negative feedback and volume control is by a stepped attenuator. At full volume I can't hear hum coming from my 96dB/W/m Beyma's Hope this will inspire people to build low powered amp's. Making it high quality is still cost-effective building this way. Watch my site for more info.
 

Attachments

  • flea-power_2.png
    flea-power_2.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2017-10-08-164117.jpg
    2017-10-08-164117.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2017-10-13-094844.jpg
    2017-10-13-094844.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom