• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The '80s Playlist

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Concord on a Summer Night. Recorded live at the Concord Jazz Festival, 1982

For the Brubeck fan this should be a must have!
 
Allllll right, I guess I'll have to add some punk and indie music to this list.

Pixies-Surfer Rosa 1987
Nirvana-Bleach 1989
The Replacements- Let It Be 1984
Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables- 1980
New Order- Low-Life 1985
B-52's-Wild Planet-1980
Clash-Combat Rock-1982
Misfits-Walk Among Us-1982
The Smiths-Meat is Murder-1985
Beastie Boys-License to Ill-1986
Dinosaur Jr- You're Living All Over Me-1987
Sonic Youth-Daydream Nation-1988
Run D.M.C.-Raising Hell-1986
 
Allllll right, I guess I'll have to add some punk and indie music to this list.

Pixies-Surfer Rosa 1987
Nirvana-Bleach 1989
The Replacements- Let It Be 1984
Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables- 1980
New Order- Low-Life 1985
B-52's-Wild Planet-1980
Clash-Combat Rock-1982
Misfits-Walk Among Us-1982
The Smiths-Meat is Murder-1985
Beastie Boys-License to Ill-1986
Dinosaur Jr- You're Living All Over Me-1987
Sonic Youth-Daydream Nation-1988
Run D.M.C.-Raising Hell-1986

About time! I was getting lonely in here! Hey how was the surf today?


B-52's - Bouncing of the Satellites, 1985
 
Ehh, ok.

Bouncing off the satellites is definitely not one of my fav's.

Husker Du-Zen Arcade-1984
The Cure-17 seconds-1980
 
Yes. The Damascus Document. Don't forget The Cure for the 80's.

Cool...any significance as to why it's your avatar, along with Zadok and Rush?

It's weird. I only started really liking The Cure in the last 5 years. So I don't have any of their 80s vinyl... yet. They're hard to come by. But I did recently buy their self-titled 2004 new double LP release. It's good but not as good as the old stuff.


Billy Idol - Rebel Yell, 1983
 
It's weird. I only started really liking The Cure in the last 5 years. So I don't have any of their 80s vinyl... yet. They're hard to come by. But I did recently buy their self-titled 2004 new double LP release. It's good but not as good as the old stuff.


Billy Idol - Rebel Yell, 1983

Yes, very hard to find. They are a very different band now. Some of the anger seems to have been replaced by a general distrust of everything.
 
Back
Top Bottom