Damn Captain Beefheart swiped a copy and used it for an album cover.
Anyway, here's an old pic of me working as a field geologist - I'm seated on the right. The project involved measuring a worrisome bulge on St. Helens; pic was taken in early May, 1980, about two weeks before the sucker blew.
The geologist on the left is aiming a 1980's version of a laser range finder at targets we placed on the mountain.
Me doing some sampling back in April. I found some bugs in a deep pool, wasn't expecting to find much water, and it was a full day hike so I didn't take my waders, so boots off and roll up the pants. Man that water was cold, about 6-7 deg C (40 or so F).The second pic is the view from about half way up
It occurs to me that we, collectively, are blessed w/a BUNCH of cute wives/GFs/Significant Others...Especially when you consider that SOME of us could stop a watch by lookin' at it hard...(grin)