• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

This Showed Up Today

King of the castle here. When I play my records that's MY time and I play them only two ways... loud or VERY LOUD. :bigok:
If they don't like it well then there are other parts of the house where they can flee to. :rflmao:
 
King of the castle here. When I play my records that's MY time and I play them only two ways... loud or VERY LOUD. :bigok:
If they don't like it well then there are other parts of the house where they can flee to. :rflmao:

The TV is all the way at the other end of the house and the living room door is closed. But JBL 4365 have a sound that carries. And the sound is so transparent it tricks you about how loud you are playing.
 
The TV is all the way at the other end of the house and the living room door is closed. But JBL 4365 have a sound that carries. And the sound is so transparent it tricks you about how loud you are playing.

A friend told me once, a good system should sound good all the way across the house. Much to the chagrin of others in that house. :)
 
Wife likes to listen out on the patio isolated from the thunder and says it sounds clear and really good. :)
 
Pretty sure this lady is the reason for a couple of kiddoes' that were born. I know I had at least two. I have this box set, and have yet to listen to it. Gonna try and listen to it this weekend....
 
Uploaded this today. Off "Love Deluxe." EPIC (Sony UK) 472626-1. 180 gram, Miles Showell Abbey Road 1/2-speed master. 2020. Room 30. :)

 
Hey Booch, thanks for doing that.....maybe it's just how I'm seeing it, but there looks to be a pretty nasty imperfection in the vinyl itself and I can actually see your whole cartridge "hop" as it comes around. Such a thing should not be present with a record of this pedigree in my estimation. As the stylus tracks farther inward, it seems to become a bit more steady but there is also some out-of-roundness (off-center) with this record. How long have you had it? That is one that would have gone back in a heartbeat had it landed on my doorstep.
 
Hey Booch, thanks for doing that.....maybe it's just how I'm seeing it, but there looks to be a pretty nasty imperfection in the vinyl itself and I can actually see your whole cartridge "hop" as it comes around. Such a thing should not be present with a record of this pedigree in my estimation. As the stylus tracks farther inward, it seems to become a bit more steady but there is also some out-of-roundness (off-center) with this record. How long have you had it? That is one that would have gone back in a heartbeat had it landed on my doorstep.

Thanks! for the comment on the video. I bought it used off Discogs about three months ago.

One really can't see how much work a cartridge suspension system is doing until you get really close-up to the thing playing. First songs on many albums have "hopping" type issues because the first 10 or 15 seconds are in the dished-out area of the vinyl. This is due, in part, to the construction of most LPs. Your cartridge needs a good suspension and good electronics to convert the mechanical motion into electrical signals.

It's why a lot of engineering goes into good tonearms and cartridges. And prolly why ppl spend good money for them :)

Notice all the cartridge movement through my 90mm macro lens, on close-up. Like 6 inches from the cartridge. The obvious shake during the intro is me tapping the tripod and camera, by accident. :) But, no apparent overt effect on the music. :idea:

You really see all the movement, once you've filmed your cartridge in action. Close-up. Regardless of the cost or boutiqe-ness of the vinyl. Ironically, some of the records with the least out-of-round or bumpy issues are the oldest. Standard commercial stuff. Though, most older MoFi (1980-90), are consistently good. So are most Japanese pressed vinyl.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom