• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where To Sell Car?

Front yard. Add sign. Done.
My father had five cars in his two garages and seven in his driveway in Phoenix, but when he got too old to drive I put "For Sale" signs in the cars in the driveway at reasonable prices: two POS's for $500 each, two in better condition but close to POS status for $1K, and the other three for $2K each... I sold all seven of those in two weeks. The five in the garages then came out and got cleaned up and avdertised in collector car circles, and they all sold too, over a 6 month period: three 1930 Ford model A's (a Roadster, a 4 door sedan, and a truck), also a 1948 Packard limo, and a 1953 Packard two door hardtop.
 
Was there an interesting story behind that Packard?

Thanks!
The '53 hardtop had the huge 327 cubic inch flat head straight eight engine (about 40" long and 30" high), while it didn't have much horsepower (180 @ 3600 rpm), the 300 ft lbs of torque at 2,000 rpm made it able to keep up with traffic with ease. It also rode like glass- he used it on old car tours all over the western U.S. for years. It had one problem, a leaky master cylinder and booster with a leaky diaphragm that lost vacuum occasionally (he called the brakes the "Push and Prey" variety). The master cylinder was a royal PIA to service because it was under the drivers floor board. I sold it for him for $12K in 2005 (it was immaculate).
packard_rod-600px-01.jpg
 
Last edited:
I ended up using Give Me The Vin to sell the car. The process could not have been smoother and it was accomplished in one day. And at the selling price I felt was satisfactory. If you use this service don't take their initial "online quote" as the end point. I was originally given a quote that was $3K less than I wanted. I countered, got a call from one of their reps. And a few hours later that car was sold and the $ went into the bank account.
 
Back
Top Bottom