• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

i'm outside grillin, chillin to npr. on the GE transistor AM/FM radio. mrs spideyjack is watering plants and i'm enjoying a beer! happy fourth of july!
 
Listening to my "new" McIntosh MAC-1700 receiver (in my toasty 88-degree garage), tube tuner. KXJZ 90.9, Excellence In Jazz.
 
WNYC 93.7 MHz "Travels with Mike" following the foot steps of John Steinbeck's "Travels with Charlie": journey through America. :thmbsp:
Sansui T-710 digital tuner.
 
WNYC 93.7 MHz "Travels with Mike" following the foot steps of John Steinbeck's "Travels with Charlie": journey through America. :thmbsp:
Heard a couple of espisodes. Going to have dig up an internet site to listen to the complete series.

My Terry'd MR80 is turning into my favorite tuner. Whatever magic wand he waved over it did the trick. Provides most excellent sonics and great to look at.
 
Whoa........... what a happy group. Onc drinks their Colombian coke (can't blame on that one............ would have to do the same if headed for 'happy-clappy') and the other recommends some Jamaican ganga. Opps..... my bad. I'll bet your talking about coffee. ;) French roast from Trader Joe's this morning.

Staying with the MR80 and WRTI this morning. Classical all day.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jamaican Blue Mountain is expensive, but worth it......delicious!
 
Currently listening to 'Jazz 'till Midnight' on WKAR-FM, 90.5, E. Lansing, MI. Totally static free at 41 miles via my Sanyo Plus T55 tuner.
 
Tonight, I have both systems running tuned to the same station 90.3 FM WHRO. Tonight they're playing pipe organs.

Main system, Magnum Dynalab MD90-McIntosh MA6900-Vandersteen 2ce Signature.

Vintage system listed below.

The sound in here is sublime.

Dave
 
Receiver tonight

I am listening to N.P.R classic on a fisher 500b through a pair of pioneer cs-88a's, I just replaced the "New 7591a's from Electro Harmonix" with vintage but absolutely new 6gm5's with home made socket adaptors. Yes there is a differance ! But either is a good choice, the 6gm5's seem to be a little brighter in the midrange. It's to late to turn it up so i can't tell you about the Bass punch. I wish the 500b had a headphone jack !!:music:
Jim
 
I picked up a "The LS4" by Parsec today at a thrift for seven bucks, figured it'd be worth a shot as the money was right. I hooked it up to my Kenwood KT-880D tonight and It's pulling in the previously iffy local NPR affiliate nicely.:music:
 
I spotted a KT-880D @ a GW on my travels yesterday, looked like BPC, but heavy enough that I took the time to look it up via the cellphone, and found Brian Beezley's excellent review of it. $10 out the door, looking forward to getting it home to try out.
 
I spotted a KT-880D @ a GW on my travels yesterday, looked like BPC, but heavy enough that I took the time to look it up via the cellphone, and found Brian Beezley's excellent review of it. $10 out the door, looking forward to getting it home to try out.

It looks good with my Basic M2A, and sounds really nice IMHO.
 
Harry Lime? Anything to do with the character Orson Welles played in The Third Man, one of my favorite movies? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Man

here's the DJ's show page

last week's play list:

The Dream of Harry Lime, June 22, 2011
DJ+Papa+Gentle+Maxwell.jpg

The Robert Cobert Orchestra Epilogue (DoHL Theme)
Khun Paw Yann (Unknown) (Myanmar)
Koes Plus Hidup Jang Sepi (Quiet Life) (Indonesia)
The Penny Peeps Model Village (UK Freakbeat)
Lula Cortes E Ze Ramalho Trilha de SumÇ (Brazil)
Bunalim Bir Yar Için (Turkey)
Brigitte Fontaine et Areski La tête bandée (France)
Saleh Ibrahim Taqsim (Baghdad)
John Martyn Run Honey Run (London, 1967)
Gilberto Gil Oriente (Brazil)
Eglutes Smeklos (Baltics)
Africa Show Massanga Mama (Angola)
Thanh Tâm Cung Đàn Đât Nuóc (Vietnam)
Dao Bandon Tang Ngarn Si Nong (Thailand)
Septima Region De la Selva con Furor (Peru)
Dick Annegarn C'est la Misère Célibataire (France)
Jacques Brel Regarde Bien Petit (France)
Scott Walker The Amorous Humphrey Plugg (Post-Brel fantasia)
Jimmy Scott It's Over (American cante jondo
 
Listening to WFYI HD1, Weekend All Things Considered on the Sony HD tuner. At 6pm my favorite locally produced music program Stolen Moments comes on.
 
Back
Top Bottom