• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Worst album covers thread ?

@ last, Palmer Rocky. This is NOT his worst cover, in fact it's one of his better covers... I actually kind'a like this cover:

upload_2019-5-24_10-13-15.jpeg
 
IMO, the award for Worst Ever Album Cover goes either to:

Ken - By Request Only (Post #31)
or
Todd - With Love ... From Me To You (Post #69)

@ any rate they are the WORST in my personal collection of LP, EPs, 45 picture sleeves, etc.
 
"Artwork so bad it's good" category: This is a favorite, and I am damned glad I found and bought a copy in the '80s for about one bill, 'cuz this sucker commands $1,000+ @ present...

The Mystery Meat
Profiles
(Director, 1968)

upload_2019-5-24_10-32-33.jpeg
 
Some of the covers are bad for tacky self-endulgence, others for just being bland. The first one posted is truly awful.
 
and..... another note: I shall not post the LP cover of Philosophy Of The World (1969) by The Shaggs. The LP is too dear to me, musically, and The Wiggin Sisters are still "live 'n' kickin" or so I'm told, and I'd hate for 'em to find a post BY ME that could be deemed disparaging of even a single atom of their ingenious LP.
I tried once to give them a chance and got maybe 40 seconds into the first cut before bailing. I think FZ's most successful prank was promoting them, Wild Man Fischer may have been his worst.
Otoh, Florence Foster Jenkins is an operatic train wreck for the ages, her Queen of the Night is to die from, laughing.
 
I tried once to give them a chance and got maybe 40 seconds into the first cut before bailing. I think FZ's most successful prank was promoting them, Wild Man Fischer may have been his worst.
Otoh, Florence Foster Jenkins is an operatic train wreck for the ages, her Queen of the Night is to die from, laughing.

Zappa's comment aside, I heard them before I heard his opinion and loved it from the first spin, circa 1971, and have loved it ever since.
 
Back
Top Bottom