• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000 How VTA works?

about2

I'm on the right.
Will someone please educate me on how the VTA adjustment works on the Yamaha GT-2000?

Grab the top of the tower and turn it?

Turn the "T" on the side to move the arm?

I give up :(
 
Register to hide this ad
It's actually spring loaded. Loosen the t-nut on the side, raise or lower the arm to the desired height and then tighten the t-nut. If the previous owner has mixed & matched the arm with another base it may be a tight fit and sliding it up or down may be a challenge. One of mine was so tight I had to file out part of the base to get it to slide freely.
 
Will someone please educate me on how the VTA adjustment works on the Yamaha GT-2000?

Grab the top of the tower and turn it?

Turn the "T" on the side to move the arm?

I give up :(

Unscrew the side nut whilst holding the tonearm assemby. Once loosened, gently move assembly up or down tower. Once in position, tighten side nut.
 
It's actually spring loaded. Loosen the t-nut on the side, raise or lower the arm to the desired height and then tighten the t-nut. If the previous owner has mixed & matched the arm with another base it may be a tight fit and sliding it up or down may be a challenge. One of mine was so tight I had to file out part of the base to get it to slide freely.

LOL. You got there first as I was writing.
 
Unscrew the side nut whilst holding the tonearm assemby. Once loosened, gently move assembly up or down tower. Once in position, tighten side nut.

So, one takes hold of the tonearm after the T nut is loosened and lifts or lowers the tonearm? Then tightens the T nut!
OR
since it's spring loaded, loosen the T nut and then what?

I have my dunce cap on and only you can help me remove it. :bye:
 
Here are the two extremes of what you can do:
100451505.jpg m.jpg

If the arm is properly matched to the base it should move freely up and down when the t-nut is loosened. If not then find where they are rubbing and get out the metal file (seriously).
 
Here are the two extremes of what you can do:
View attachment 1646001 View attachment 1646002

If the arm is properly matched to the base it should move freely up and down when the t-nut is loosened. If not then find where they are rubbing and get out the metal file (seriously).

I had to get out the file for my YSA 2. It was jamming like crazy and it would not lower all the way down. That was a real pain in the backside to do.
 
LOL. You got there first as I was writing.
Haha...first! But seriously I had a YSA-1 shipped to me with a mis-matched base and when I loosened the nut it didn't move. It was a wtf moment to say the least. Filed it down and then all was well.
 
ateal and 808-state
Thanks very much. Sorry to hear 808 had such a problem but glad to know how it was resolved. I have a plethora of files if needed - which I hope not. :rflmao:
Great pictures and very helpful to see.
ateal, why did you defect from California? :angel:
 
I love California and still go back regularly for business but relocation with my company brought me here.

I also love it here as my commute is so much better than dealing with LA traffic and real estate is cheap as chips. You can buy a whole street for the price of a single California property LOL.
 

That is one place on that table where QC tolerance was pretty light & loose. Any rubber mat or platter will fit another GT within unbelievably tight tolerance. But with the arm & base each run/mold must have been a one off. Glad to know I'm not the only one that broke out a file on an antique.
 
That is one place on that table where QC tolerance was pretty light & loose. Any rubber mat or platter will fit another GT within unbelievably tight tolerance. But with the arm & base each run/mold must have been a one off. Glad to know I'm not the only one that broke out a file on an antique.

Although it was a pain, I actually enjoyed the challenge. I guess that’s the great thing about turntables, all the fiddling and fettling.
 
I love California and still go back regularly for business but relocation with my company brought me here.

I also love it here as my commute is so much better than dealing with LA traffic and real estate is cheap as chips. You can buy a whole street for the price of a single California property LOL.

Thankfully I'm retired but my wife still suffers five days a week in the SF Bay area commute. We live in a 1600 sq ft bungalow, purchased in 1990 for $200k, neighbors recently sold for $850k. Unbelievable.
We could sell and move up by relocating. :idea:
 
Back
Top Bottom