• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Big Knobs

Register to hide this ad
I feel like I was drawn to this thread by false impressions. So you’re saying you don’t like big knobs. Well, I adore knobs.

speaking of doorknobs. I’ve got a lock on mine. Somehow I’ve got to get from lock on mine to Luxman. I’ve got a Luxman somewhere around here with very big knobs….or at least one huge centrally located knob. I’ll take a quick look and see if I can put my hands on it and take a pic. Got it. Check out the knob on this one.C5A5BA4A-1331-4B0F-BB56-8948DA59C7A3.jpeg
 
I went back and looked at your original post again. I apologize. You weren’t saying you didn’t like big knobs. You were saying you don’t like knobs that stick out too far. That makes more sense. Still feel like there are false impressions indicated by the name of this post.
 
I went back and looked at your original post again. I apologize. You weren’t saying you didn’t like big knobs. You were saying you don’t like knobs that stick out too far. That makes more sense. Still feel like there are false impressions indicated by the name of this post.
I guess I meant the one on that model in particular looks like a afterthought. i fixed my post thanks ! I like the big knobs , I’m a G series Knob Fan .
 
I kind of like the Harman Kardon "ghost knob" they used for a while-

c8ea4cce-e5bf-4a69-a667-ac49d767d5f1.jpg
 
Still not sure how Harman did that "knob".
It rotates like 270 degrees.
That leaves the middle hanging by about an inch of plastic, or it means the ring/knob has 270 degrees of no support.

Not sure I even want to see one opened up. Magic won't go back into the hat.
 
I have a vintage analog frequency generator that has a hat shaped knob that's as big as a tea saucer on the outside edge.

There is something very satisfying about turning that, even though the part you actually touch is about 2.5 inches or so.
 
Back
Top Bottom